• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 240mm Kato Ku Morihei

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling a brand new 240mm Kato KU, Morihei edition.
Asking $1700 CONUS, $1755 Int'l.
Specs:
White 2, soft iron cladOcto Ho Wood, Buffalo horn handle245 grams51mm at heel Blade at 231mm392mm OAL
IMG_7112.jpg
IMG_7113.jpg
IMG_7114.jpg
IMG_7115.jpg
IMG_7117.jpg
IMG_7110.jpg
IMG_7111.jpg

the box says blue... the original w2 ones never came with the signed wooden block

Think it might be this knife or one very similar fwiw - Hitohira website

Hope TBC won’t mind, but more photos on there, plus confirmation that this is a decent price for a Kato like this. Still too much for my shrunken post-Xmas budget mind, but sincere GLWS!

Think it might be this knife or one very similar fwiw - Hitohira website

Hope TBC won’t mind, but more photos on there, plus confirmation that this is a decent price for a Kato like this. Still too much for my shrunken post-Xmas budget mind, but sincere GLWS!

May be similar but not the exact one.

The markings and scratches on a KU is like fingerprint. Almost impossible to find two with identical markings, etc

May be similar but not the exact one.

The markings and scratches on a KU is like fingerprint. Almost impossible to find two with identical markings, etc
Agreed. No two will be the same. And yes, these are B#2.

Thanks, everyone. I'm not sure why I had this listed at White 2 - my spreadsheet was a copy from my Kato WH so that is my fault. Thanks for correcting.
The knife is SPF. And @WiriWiri - don't mind one bit! I always want the most/correct info out there. That's one of the great things about this community. There are those with a heck fo a lot more specific knowledge than me. Cheers everyone.

Nice piece. The sharpness of these knives out of the box and the geometry is just off the chart.
If you like Japanese traditional knives without too many frills, and can understand their wabi-sabi philosophy, and that less is more, then you will come to love this knife.

the box says blue... the original w2 ones never came with the signed wooden block
Mine’s blue but does not come with the wooden block. Does it make mine more special? It’s also a kaou btw 🙂

Back