• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 240mm Ryusen Damascus Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMan

Reaction score
240mm Ryusen Damascus, JWW version

I'm trying to shake the dust of this week...

Remember when JWW sold badass knives—Shigs for $200, Yoshi for $200, Tosa for $40, etc. etc.... (They had a 270 hammered yoshi suji with western handle for $199 that I slept on for months--wish I didn't.) For whatever reason, they stopped. I got a deal on this one from JWW a year or two ago when they were getting rid of whatever stock they had left—bought this one and a 210. I've been using the 210 (home use, daily) for the last year--the treatment of VG10 is really nice, holds an edge nicely and stands up to use well (especially considering how thin it is). Nice f/f on the handle. I’m fully bonded with the 210, so won’t need to dust off the 240. No need--I'm team-210 for this one :)

Asking $180, which I think is a good deal. BNIB

These run $350+ at EE. The Kanji for the JWW version is different though, but identical knife (JWW used the exact same web description).
https://www.epicedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=83502&bc=no
(pics tonight--because I don't want to waste the hour necessary to to find my "misplaced" digital camera while it's still light out.)

spf
sold

Last edited:
Remember when JWW sold badass knives—Shigs for $200, Yoshi for $200, Tosa for $40, etc. etc.... (They had a 270 hammered yoshi suji with western handle for $199 that I slept on for months--wish I didn't.) For whatever reason, they stopped. I got a deal on this one from JWW a year or two ago when they were getting rid of whatever stock they had left—bought this one and a 210. I've been using the 210 (home use, daily) for the last year--the treatment of VG10 is really nice, holds an edge nicely and stands up to use well (especially considering how thin it is). Nice f/f on the handle. I’m fully bonded with the 210, so won’t need to dust off the 240. No need--I'm team-210 for this one :)

It's all Woodcraft's fault. Things started to go downhill right after they bought out JWW.

It's all Woodcraft's fault. Things started to go downhill right after they bought out JWW.
Bummer. I keep checking their website hoping that one day it'll be populated with cool knives again and that this is only a downturn...

Yeah, highly doubt it. Since they no longer run their own show anymore it's probably over. I remember wandering into the brick and mortar back in the day and thinking no way I could spend $300ish on a 270 shig.

Bummer. I keep checking their website hoping that one day it'll be populated with cool knives again and that this is only a downturn...

Hida Tool still has a few cool items including some Tosa blades for around $30-45.00 and a few starter ginsanko/silver 3 knives, but nothing quite like JWW used to have.

Back