240mm Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure. It was the first one I've ever done and I wasn't sure what to do with it and it didn't turn out as well as I hoped.

I think it looks fine, very distinctive actually. I think most of us who pinch grip wont really notice the more squared shape in practical use once you radius the corners.

That is a great profile! Care to share how long it took you to cut it to shape?

Cutting it to shape (profile) didn't take long at all. Ten minutes with an angle grinder (since bought a metal cutting bandsaw) and maybe 15 minutes on the grinder to get it to the trace lines.

Grinding, that's a whole different story. :eek2: Probably four to five hours in total, although I tried not to really time it. I just wanted to get this one right.

I think it looks fine, very distinctive actually. I think most of us who pinch grip wont really notice the more squared shape in practical use once you radius the corners.

Thanks Sean! I definitely want a more tapered and rounded bolster design eventually though. Tapered down to the blade at the front and rounding top and bottom. Might still try to figure out a way to do that with this one before I send it on for some critiquing. Even though I'm most interested in blade grinding critiquing, I hate sending out something I'm not 100% proud of.

Looks like the work of an experienced professional. Well done!

~Tad

Back