3 piece work set pics

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Phew! After months of researching knives, learning how to sharpen using stones via JKI vids and asking a lot of questions from you guys.....I think I finally got a combination of quality knives that works well for me. Here they are all together:
Konosuke 270mm gyuto + Suisin inox 240mm suji + Blazen 75mm paring (CadilacJ, if you're reading this, the Suisin's handle is 16mm shorter than the Konosuke's and slightly raised).

Sorry the pics look a bit washed out.

6315748380_144710e0cc_b.jpg

6315231959_7290134910_b.jpg

6315231703_18cc5d570e_z.jpg

6315232451_a958cc0460_z.jpg

I would have switch sizes with the suji and gyuto but a solid looking line up!

Looks warm where ever you are. i'm jealous. Nice set to.

nice set, close to mine too.

enjoy your knives every day and work will fly by :D

I'm loving the suji. It's like the 270's little brother that just flys through potatoes,tomatoes and any other toes :). I'm very happy with the performance of the kit so far. Thanks for the kind words and the nudges in direction.

I like your style, bud.

Glad you are liking the Suisin IH...that suji might just become your primary weapon of choice soon.

And just wait until you start getting good at sharpening...a whole new world will be opened up to you, and appreciation for your knives will increase even more.

I like the set. Really nice choices, in my opinion.
If it wouldn't hurt so much, I'd think about going a similar route, and have only my 210 Misono gyuto, Carter suji, Rodrigue pettysuki and my Sab parer.
Your suji looks great, and Caddy might be right. It could very well become your #1.

Actually, they are all Japanese. Nakiri are no taller than a chefs' knife. Perhaps, you are suggesting the OP switch to a chinese cleaver.

i think he was referring to a parer (euro) instead of petty (japanese)

Way to go! Very nice start. And for some a finish. But not this group.

Way to go! Very nice start. And for some a finish. But not this group.

Actually, I made my self and my wife a promise that when I figured out what knives are a good fit for me, I would cease and desist any further purchases that are "wants" and not "needs". After 5 or so weeks, I'm confident and satisfied that I made the right choices. At least it doesn't mean I can't look :)

I'd like to add that I did replace the Suisin (which now resides in my home kitchen and seems to be the answer to my to-tall boardsmith prep area) with a 210mm Kono HD. It feels very similar to the Suisin minus the taller heel.

6406847551_3a169d5b2c_b.jpg

Actually, I made my self and my wife a promise that when I figured out what knives are a good fit for me, I would cease and desist any further purchases that are "wants" and not "needs".

No doubt those knives are a good fit, but are they the "best"? Only way to find out is to try them all, good luck telling your wife.:D

Back