• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 3k soaker, loose SiC grit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a 3k soaking stone that self slurries a bit, preferably one that can be permasoaked. Primary use will be following up 1K stones for wide- and single-bevel polishing. I know I could just buy a Ouka/cerax (and I will soon if no one responds here) but just thought I'd see if anyone had anything they wanted to move along.

I'm also interested in getting 4-8oz coarse loose SiC powder (60-180 grits). If anyone has a large quantity (which seems to be the primary way to buy it), and wants to off-load a little of it, HMU.

Looking for a 3k soaking stone that self slurries a bit, preferably one that can be permasoaked. Primary use will be following up 1K stones for wide- and single-bevel polishing. I know I could just buy a Ouka/cerax (and I will soon if no one responds here) but just thought I'd see if anyone had anything they wanted to move along.

I'm also interested in getting 4-8oz coarse loose SiC powder (60-180 grits). If anyone has a large quantity (which seems to be the primary way to buy it), and wants to off-load a little of it, HMU.
I think you can usually get the Suehiro Cerax 3K for ~$50 new, and that sounds exactly like what you're looking for. I'd also imagine there's a lapidary supply shop close enough to you that would be able to sell you bulk course tumbling powder by weight...

Attachments

• TtLehIC.jpeg
    TtLehIC.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
Back