Quantcast

$80 hotdog anyone?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

goodchef1

Reaction score
I would think that they would make the dog themselves then promote those toppings. :scratchhead:

Amon-Rukh

Reaction score
Those toppings don't seem to make a whole lot of sense. Then again, neither does paying $80 for a hot dog....

99Limited

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd pay $80 to be part of a Guinness World Record.

MadMel

Reaction score
Will it taste good? I think that is the primary concern when I'm paying 80 bucks for a hotdog..

BraisedorStewed

Reaction score
That sounds atrocious, probably the worst hot dog and biggest waste of high end product ever!

echerub

Founding Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound particularly interesting. They're throwing expensive ingredients at it for the sake of throwing them in.

FryBoy

Reaction score
"The foot-long wiener will get the royal treatment. After deep frying, it will be rolled in truffle oil, then coated in porcini dust. The dog is to be topped with white truffle shavings and crème fraiche. If that doesn't gild the lily enough, the frank will be finished with caviar and fresh roe."

Bleh! No thanks. Just mustard, relish, and onions for me.

Vertigo

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
Banned
Reaction score
What, no Foie gras??
Seriously. No edible gold flakes either. What a joke. It doesn't matter what you're serving, just cover it in mushrooms, fish eggs, duck liver, and metal shavings. Instant success!

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet baby rays, a $9 Chicago dog!!

I reached hot dog nirvana when some Chicago expats served me one at their gas station pizza joint. The pizza was terrible, but a Vienna Beef hot dog, dressed with everything? :drool: Oeuf! Perfect for a hot summer day. I had two every Friday for about 3 months.