• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD A few more stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotedupy

Reaction score
A handful more things to move on. Prices are in are in USD not including shipping, though can take the equivalent GBP or EUR. Ping me a message and I can find out post costs, I've recently found a very good and quite cheap international courier service, so it's probably less than you might expect.

Obviously these are all lapped and good to go, with my honest impressions.

---

Dalmore Blue. 8x2. $50
I'm increasingly coming to the realisation the Dalmores are really rather good knife stones. Lovely aggressive edge around 3k, and a good mid grit stone in a polishing progression.

IMG-0653.JPG

---

Washita. 8x2. $50
I think this was the first Washita I ever found, and it's at the harder and finer end of the scale. Probably a Norton era Lily White.

IMG-0579.JPG

---

Coticule. 7x1.5. $50
This is around 6 or 7mm of unbacked coticule, which I might've considered sticking on something else if it weren't for the lovely paddle. The stone is med-hard and quite fine; for sharpening it's more suited to razors than knives imo, though even without slurry it polishes very well, which is unusual for yellow coticule (I'll post some pics below).

IMG-1115 (1).jpg

---

Llyn Idwal. 9x2. $70
A large, hard and fine Idwal. Very high quality and consistent stone, but definitely one for razors, would only be suitable for the finest, most polished knife or tool edges. Extremely similar to a translucent ark.

IMG-0792.jpg

---

Yellow Lake Oilstone / Dragon's Tongue. 8x2. $20
Prettily boxed piece of Aberfelleni slate, a nice finishing stone for knife edges if used with slurry, or without - a finisher or prefinisher for razors. I'll say with complete certainty that this the type of Yellow Lake that came originally in a red cardboard box. It's a little under 2" wide.

IMG-0908.JPG

Last edited:
Dalmore Blue. This is perhaps comparable to the finer end of Aoto I think. Quite a shallow and consistent scratch pattern.

IMG-0648.JPG

IMG-0651.JPG

---

Coticule. This is a remarkably easy stone to use for I think quite nice polishing. Very bright near-mirror core steel, and doesn't scratch or do any streaky burnishing on cladding.

IMG-1138.jpg

IMG-1134.JPG

I’m pretty sure these are all accounted for now. :) But will update if not.

Last edited:
Back