• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS A few smaller JNats (Aizu, Uchi koppa etc)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRPV4

Reaction score
Have a few JNats up for sale. I've used these for a while now, and it's about time to move some of the smaller pieces on. Shipped by international courier. Feel free to message me if you would like any more information/pictures, and don't worry, the gdrive is a burner account. All pictures should be 3000x4000px, and all slurries were produced without diamond plates.

1. (Sold) Mikawa Shiro Nagura $55

This one is sealed. Brings out banding in the cladding and gives nice misty hagane. Good contrast as well, see pictures.

Pictures: Mikawa - Google Drive
Size: 130x65x18

2. Renge Uchigumori $95 $75

Medium hardness, slurries nicely, clean, and a little finer than No.3. Quite pretty renge pattern. Small but I didn't have much trouble using it. Not much to say here. I found out that this one requires quite a bit of pressure, just some quirks of the stone.

Pictures: Renge Uchigumori - Google Drive
Size: 88x66x30, 415g

3. Withdrawn

4. (Sold) Renge Suita Koppa $75

A little piece of Shobudani. Also medium hardness. I personally like to use it with atoma slurry, but it's not necessary. Nice jigane banding, please see pictures. The "blurry" kiridashi pic is to show how it reflects light.

Pictures: Renge Suita - Google Drive
Size: 180x73x16 (Length, Width, Height of the triangle)

5. (Sold) Aizu $150

Friable Aizu on the fine side. Really cool seabed patterns, aggressive edge. Around 6k.

Pictures: Aizu - Google Drive
Size: 198x65x30

6. (Sold) Asagi $30

As you'd expect. Hard, but not super hard like something out of Wakasa. There are a few kanji "remaining" on the back, but I can barely make out 石 and 中, which tells us a grand total of absolutely nothing. I use this one as a hard backing on which to try the mud from different stones (changes how the polish looks, contrast etc).

Pictures: Asagi - Google Drive
Size: 180x72x12

7. Withdrawn

8. Asano stamped Meijiro $35 $30

Pictures: Meijiro - Google Drive
Weight: 158g

9. Large black koppa $20

Now this one is weird. The seller sent it together with a suita that I'm keeping. It's stamped with 巢板, which is pretty fishy to me. It's not a 黑蓮華巢板/kuro renge suita, it's straight up black with some pale yellow lines. Can't feel the lines, nor do they seem to make a difference. I'm going to guess that this is not a suita, but it still produces a polish, albeit not one with the highest contrast, or most detail. Medium hardness, and it is big. It's probably not economical to buy this alone.

Pictures: K suita_ - Google Drive
Size: 280x120x9

Last edited:
1 and 6 SPF (Now sold)

Last edited:
4 & 9 back up for sale.

Price drop on the two uchi, the aizu and the fine stones (7)

Last edited:
Shobu suita sold. No.3 and 7 Withdrawn

Price drop on Aizu down to $150
Renge Uchi down to $75
158g Meijiro $30

Last edited:
Uchi and nagura left! along with black stone

I'll have some money on this coming up thursday. I really want an uchi. Is there anyway you can hold onto it until then. I'll be willing to throw in an extra 10 bucks for it if so.

Back