• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS a few things for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some premium blocks i've been saving for years but seems I won't get to use. These are bone dry and ready to use, exhibition grade with the best grain i've seen. These were saved for a set of very special Burke customs I never got to. THese have been drying for years and have lost some of their luster as they are not finished, but, bottom picture shows how the cocobolo would look like once polished.

Cocobolo: 5.5 x 1.5 x 2 - $110
Cocobolo saya material 27" 1" x 5" - enough for a 270 knife saya or possibly two - a petty and 240 - $120

AAA Koa: 6 x 1.5 x 2.5 - can get two handles out of this one $140. Really amazing, super tight grain.

Knives:

Dave Martel Gyuto
240 x 54mm at heel
01 steel
$375

Yoshikasu Tanaka in blue 1
This is their 270 version (sells new for $550 + customs and shipping)
256 x 52m
3.7mm spine at choil
Choil has been rounded and polished none of the hard edge typically part of a KU finish
Professionally thinned and bevel polished to perfection by Mr Brooks
Handles like workhorse but with a high bevel
$400

240 Mizuno Tanrenjo Akitada Ao Hagane DX Blue Steel No.1 Suminagashi Wa Gyuto
Ebony & horn handle
Actual edge 234mm, 53mm height
Holy grail use of blue steel IMHO
don't need to say much else about this knife' performance that hasn't been covered
$1125 shipped

Custom hunter by Bill Burke
3.5 inch blade made
8" OA length
52100 carbon steel
Brass bolster
Sheep horn handle with black horned sheep spacers and brass
Fits perfectly in hand, horn is shaped perfectly against the prong -
Comes with Burke's 14 oz waxed harness leather pouch style sheath, fits like a glove and rock solid - the craftsmanship on both knife and sheat is perfection
Blade is as good as new and collector' item but also rock solid
$800 shipped

Korin knife stand
like new
$75
https://www.korin.com/Wooden-Knife-Stand-6pc_3
For stand, Pick up only (Los Angeles) or add $25 for shipping (big and bulky)

Last edited:
IMG_6483.jpg
IMG_6484.jpg

I can email a video of Koa to show the awesome 3D pattern

IMG_6633.jpg

Saya board is not sanded down so not showing the luster the block does, essentially a match

View media item 31362

Last edited:
Back