A reason to buy damascus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
Me: "I need a new paring knife. I think I'll get this damascus-clad knife."

Hubby: "Wow! That's really beautiful! But the knife is so small you really can't see the pattern very well. Don't you need a big knife too so you can really see it and enjoy it?"

heh heh heh....

Husbands really SHOULD be supportive!

FAST shipping--they just got here!

NewKnives.jpg

Outstanding. Now see if he will fall for the old "you can see the pattern even better if you buy a real expensive custom feather patern knife" trick.:lol2:

See what women can do. They just snap their fingers... and voilá it's done.

Lucretia, those are beautiful knives. Also a good score on the Zwilling Kramer. I see in your profile that you sharpen on a Smith's Tri Hone. Are the hones made of Arkansas stone or diamonds? If they are Arkansas you're going to have a very, very hard time sharpening your new knives. Just saying... Enjoy your new knives!

deanb,

I've upgraded to waterstones since the profile--should go update it, I guess.

As the monkey said when he peed in the cash register...

Just used the santoku to make dinner. Such a lovely shush shush shush through the onions. :happymug:

Outstanding. Now see if he will fall for the old "you can see the pattern even better if you buy a real expensive custom feather patern knife" trick.:lol2:

Well, I do still need a gyoto.

So what knives are these that you have now?

Those look like the Epicurean line from Ryusen. Those are nice. That mosaic pin really amps it up.

Cheers,

Jack

Those look like the Epicurean line from Ryusen. Those are nice. That mosaic pin really amps it up.

Cheers,

Jack

Yep. That's what they are. We went knife shopping and kept coming back to the Ryusen knives. They just felt the best of the ones we looked at. The Blazens were really nice, but the Epicureans would just slide right into your hand and feel good. Like a favorite pair of comfy shoes. Love the rounded spine and choil. The damascus, pin, and cocobolo are frosting on the cake. Looking for recipes now that involve a lot of chopping, and cackling madly while making confetti out of holiday magazines.

Darn. I thought about grabbing one when they came up on the cybermonday sale... Grr...

Back