A Statement on the Future of KKF Massdrops

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakiriknaifuwaifu

Reaction score
Hello all:

Hope everyone’s been well.

As some of you have noticed, the massketeers have been away for a few months now. After a wildly successful third drop, this time off has given us the opportunity to think about the future of the KKF Massdrop (read: the craziest things we can come up with for the next mass-drop).

After much internal discussion as well as conversations with a wide list of smiths, we’ve decided on 4 possible directions:

1. Release a limited drop of ultra-high-end cutlery - meaning crazy priced Rolls Royce of knives
  2. Expand to Japan and commission a custom offering - get a legendary master to create something completely unique for KKF
  3. Hold a high price-value “mini-drop” for an up-and-coming smith
  4. Continue to work with incredible, hard to find western smiths who make the fabulous knives all of you lust after

Now, questions may begin to form in your Massdrop-deprived minds…
Is this actually what we’re going to do?
And are we going to do all four - in that order - or maybe at the same time?

Who knows.
What we do know is that y’all better start putting in some overtime, opening up a lemonade stand, and selling off some of your children, because Massdrop IV is coming.

Peace and Love,
@RockyBasel and @nakiriknaifuwaifu

PS: Yes, the Xerxes drop is still suspended until further notice.
PPS: Yes, it's Chelsea Miller

Last edited:
Bring on those glamour cheese graters, hell yeah!

1. Release a limited drop of ultra-high-end cutlery - meaning crazy priced Rolls Royce of knives
  2. Expand to Japan and commission a custom offering - get a legendary master to create something completely unique for KKF
  3. Hold a high price-value “mini-drop” for an up-and-coming smith
  4. Continue to work with incredible, hard to find western smiths who make the fabulous knives all of you lust after

4, 3, 1, 2

I like 2... Well I'd just like to see the quality on repetition compared to what Dalman and Kamon offered... and the price it would sell at!

Nakagawa Blue honyaki + Myojin sharpening + Forty Ounce polish + JoBone handle = KKF Kaiju.

Are you suggesting NKW and RB could overpower vendors buying power with Konosuke? Hey, that seems like another thing I'd like to see the outcome of!

Are you suggesting NKW and RB could overpower vendors buying power with Konosuke? Hey, that seems like another thing I'd like to see the outcome of!

Both Nakagawa and Myojin work independently of Konosuke so need to "overpower" anybody.

Biggest issue about this idea is if Nakagawa actually forges blades that heavy. Not sure of his style

4, 3, 2, 1--though I don't think you asked us to vote 😂

But, as usual, keep up the great work! And hats off for all of the effort and organizing that you guys put into these. Much appreciated.

Wait wait wait...

With my two last TFs I had an actual straight grind... with the first my grind was straight with everything, and with the second my grind was... with everything but different.

Back