AA Gill on Food

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotedupy

Reaction score
Was just watching this again and thought it might be of interest to some here. The late, great, Adrian Gill on the history of food and cooking:

Well worth a watch!

I absolutely love A.A. Gill - charming, shocking, opinionated, controversial, a true original and one of the most gifted prose writers in the English language. And all from a man who could barely read or write, never took notes and composed most of his pieces in his head.

Rest in peace, old friend. The world is a duller place without you.

Another fantastic book for anyone who likes Gill's writing is Table Talk, a collection of his restaurant reviews. You'll find yourself dipping into it constantly, like a great book of short stories or essays. As a writer, the man was irreplacable. :)

Great book indeed!

There's a case to be made, I think, for the publication of a similar collection involving every single one of his ST reviews. It'd be pretty hefty, but I reckon a lot of people would buy it. And I assume that News International / NewsCorp / Whatever the f the Murdoch press call themselves this week, own all of that copy and could make it happen quite easily.

Reactions: PJD
Back