Quantcast

Accuracy of Burrfection video on nakiri versus gyuto use?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Status
Not open for further replies.

josemartinlopez

我會買所有的獨角獸
Reaction score
Here's a Burrfection video on nakiri versus gyuto use (also doubles as a demo for Yaxell):

Could I ask how accurate this is, for heavy nakiri users out there?

Jville

Reaction score
Yeah, I would say that is generally true what he said about stylistic differences. Although individual knifes can break those general stereotypes.

Xenif

Reaction score
Who you callin' a heavy nakiri user !? You callin' me fat !?

Jokes aside .... Oh wait its burrfection so joke not aside ... How can someone with such a huge following about knives have such crappy knife skills?

His general concept of what makes a nakiri a good knife is valid, but do know there are a lot of variety in nakiri design that make them feel significantly different.

Luftmensch

Supporting Member
Reaction score

orangehero

Reaction score
Who you callin' a heavy nakiri user !? You callin' me fat !?

Jokes aside .... Oh wait its burrfection so joke not aside ... How can someone with such a huge following about knives have such crappy knife skills?

His general concept of what makes a nakiri a good knife is valid, but do know there are a lot of variety in nakiri design that make them feel significantly different.
the youtube algorith or whatever is very strange and opaque. there are so many channels that are promoted that are absolutely cringy yet in a matter of months they gain millions of followers to keep producing mediocre trash

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
No way Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.