Accuracy of Burrfection video on nakiri versus gyuto use?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

josemartinlopez

我會買所有的獨角獸
Reaction score
Here's a Burrfection video on nakiri versus gyuto use (also doubles as a demo for Yaxell):

Could I ask how accurate this is, for heavy nakiri users out there?

Yeah, I would say that is generally true what he said about stylistic differences. Although individual knifes can break those general stereotypes.

Who you callin' a heavy nakiri user !? You callin' me fat !?

Jokes aside .... Oh wait its burrfection so joke not aside ... How can someone with such a huge following about knives have such crappy knife skills?

His general concept of what makes a nakiri a good knife is valid, but do know there are a lot of variety in nakiri design that make them feel significantly different.

Who you callin' a heavy nakiri user !? You callin' me fat !?

Jokes aside .... Oh wait its burrfection so joke not aside ... How can someone with such a huge following about knives have such crappy knife skills?

His general concept of what makes a nakiri a good knife is valid, but do know there are a lot of variety in nakiri design that make them feel significantly different.

the youtube algorith or whatever is very strange and opaque. there are so many channels that are promoted that are absolutely cringy yet in a matter of months they gain millions of followers to keep producing mediocre trash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back