Sous Vide Aerated chocolate

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eziemniak

Reaction score
I am confused
To aerate my infused chocolate do I need to put the mold/container in a bag and then into the chamber or can the mold go straight into the machine?
Also do I use standard programme for vacuum sealing?

Do you mean to take air out? If you have a chamber vac you can get air bubbles out in the mold itself, I believe.

Not sure about the settings either. It's something I've wanted to play around with, but I've only used chamber vacs for sealing stuff up so far.

you don't need a bag you do need to control the vacuum if you don't turn it off itll boil over and make a big mess. That being said dont use a program you need to manually turn it off, seal doesnt matter as you're not using a bag.
You need to play around with it because the temp has to be just right so that it cools enough to solidify by the time you turn the vacuum off.

you don't need a bag you do need to control the vacuum if you don't turn it off itll boil over and make a big mess. That being said dont use a program you need to manually turn it off, seal doesnt matter as you're not using a bag.
You need to play around with it because the temp has to be just right so that it cools enough to solidify by the time you turn the vacuum off.
It's so awesome to watch someone else vacuum stuff while not manually using the machine.

It helps to temper the chocolate. In addition to avoiding fat bloom and having a less crumbly texture in your finished product, tempering the chocolate will allow it to set the fastest.

I’ve done quite a bit of this. I can’t glean from the OP exactly how familiar they are with this process but I’m happy to talk the through anything they’re unclear on

Last edited:
Thanks to all for replies.
I think I got through all the steps right (melting, tempering, container, vaccum) but I am stuck due to high temperatures at work 35c+
Even leaving it overnight did not work
Any simple ideas how to work around it?

Thanks to all for replies.
I think I got through all the steps right (melting, tempering, container, vaccum) but I am stuck due to high temperatures at work 35c+
Even leaving it overnight did not work
Any simple ideas how to work around it?
I’ve put an ice bath below it before. I think I had to cut down some containers to make it work. Just make sure you dispense the mix outside the machine and put it on the ice right before you pull the vacuum so it doesn’t set prematurely

Back