AFTER Update and Server change

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
1. Type in the forum address, do not use a saved link. Once you have the page that has the notice that says the forum has changed clear the cookies for this forum. Then refresh the page. NOW, log in. You can save this new page.
2. If that does not work first time, try it again and clearing your cache will help a lot, but it will clear most everything. So if on a work laptop/computer. It may be best not to do it.
3. A few may have to wait a day or so for their internet provider to map to the new server for our forum.
4. Occasionally if Chrome is not catching up, try Firefox or some other browser.

Now for fun.
1. There is a + in the address bar near where the save as favorites star is. That will allow you to save a link to a homepage.
2. Check out LIKE, there are now reactions. You can try them on this post if you wish. I cannot show you as I cannot Like my own post.
3. Now go to the Smileys. Holy cow!🐂 Lots of them. It should keep you busy.

More things to know:
The Watch a forum is on the right side of the forum title. Not in the top bar.
Most of the controls are in the same place.
The little man icon in the top right is now your user name. Click on it, check out Preferences. You can now turn on and off the "Yesterday's Forum Activity" emails. All by yourself.
The button on the right called Upload a File, is now on the left and called "Attach files". You can still do a copy and paste, too.

Go up to Members on the top bar and click on it. You will notice things I think you'll like. You can now search for a particular member.

Last edited:

Runner_up

Reaction score
for chrome users, go here: chrome://settings/siteData

(took me a bit of futzing around before I found this)
Thank you, helped me a ton as I was having trouble logging back in. Forum's feelin slick

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
That was taken into consideration when redoing it. I use the link to homepage on my android phone. One click and I'm on the forum. Also, if you are looking at New Posts, and make that Homepage link, that's where you'll come up when you do the one touch link.

panda

O.G.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got it to work on desktop, but not working on mobile (firefox for android)

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
i got it to work on desktop, but not working on mobile (firefox for android)
Do you have it saved on your phone? I know mine keeps a page open but not seen. Can you see if there is one open somewhere? Kill it if you find one, then reboot. Get a new Firefox page and type in the address and see if it brings up this new version?

soigne_west

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done everything mentioned above. Working fine on desktop and iPad. Can’t get it working on chrome for iOS on my phone. Just says what it said before about ongoing maintenance

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Done everything mentioned above. Working fine on desktop and iPad. Can’t get it working on chrome for iOS on my phone. Just says what it said before about ongoing maintenance
In a few cases it may take a day or so for the new IP address to go through all the connections and overwrite the old IP address. The phone may take until tomorrow for it to update.

esoo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Android/Chrome, I needed to clear cache to get the site to work (Settings>Privacy>Clear Cache, time all time, and only images and files cached)

before that I was never able to stay logged in. It would accept my login info, but never show me as logged in

ptolemy

Reaction score
I still can't seem to edit my own threads. I wanted to clean it up and such but there is no edit button after initial 30 min. Is that a security feature or a bug?

I guess this is in place? The time limit to edit this message (1440 minutes) has expired.

TIA

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Yes 1440 minutes for everyone. But as a perk for being a Supporting Member it is longer.

ptolemy

Reaction score
Yes 1440 minutes for everyone. But as a perk for being a Supporting Member it is longer.
ok got ya. I just dislike alerting my threads to be closed or re-opened and to edit/update pics. But, I understand

kayman67

Reaction score
On Android/Chrome, I needed to clear cache to get the site to work (Settings>Privacy>Clear Cache, time all time, and only images and files cached)

before that I was never able to stay logged in. It would accept my login info, but never show me as logged in
This. If you have problems, clear the Cache for the browser you are using and it will work fine. Also any tab that was opened already will be refreshing with the new format and you will have to log in. I didn't have to type or change anything else.

bkultra

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Anyway to close the "Latest Post" column on the right of the page?
Under preferences look for "Opt out of Sidebar". Make sure you have that checked.

Let me know if that works

esoo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. If you have problems, clear the Cache for the browser you are using and it will work fine. Also any tab that was opened already will be refreshing with the new format and you will have to log in. I didn't have to type or change anything else.
I've still had issues after that with weird jumping back to the old site. Page reloads take care of that but still annoying.

bkultra

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I'm on mobile right now, let me switch to my laptop and look into this.

esoo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only have the issue on my desktop - Android Phone and iPad both work fine without sidebar.

bkultra

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Im aware of the issue and looking into it... Think I found something just give me sometime.

jkonst

Reaction score
I had issues logging in via Firefox. In case anyone has that issue, I had to go to:

Options
Privacy & Security
Manage Data

And then clear two cookies for this site - and then I was able to log in.

Barashka

Reaction score
Hmm so, on PC, yesterday, chrome first time that clear cookies worked.

However, after restarting (so this morning) it no longer does. I see old site with no posts at all. Same in chrome incognito and in edge and in internet explorer and firefox .. on two different PC's. I'm pretty sure I've never even opened edge before.

Shockingly, my Android chrome works fine, so I can write this.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
For those that cannot opt out of sidebar, go back to preferences and uncheck it, save, then recheck it save. I think one setting I didn't set was causing it. I have tried it and it worked for me now.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Hmm so, on PC, yesterday, chrome first time that clear cookies worked.

However, after restarting (so this morning) it no longer does. I see old site with no posts at all. Same in chrome incognito and in edge and in internet explorer and firefox .. on two different PC's. I'm pretty sure I've never even opened edge before.

Shockingly, my Android chrome works fine, so I can write this.
Did you use an old saved link? If so, it works best to delete an old link. Type in the forum address, and when the new version comes up, save the new version for your favorites link.