AFTER Update and Server change

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Barashka

Reaction score
Chrome had a tab open when I restarted it, so likely some cached version. None of the other browsers had saved links ..

Barmoley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stopped working chrome and edge login takes to the old forum. Mobile chrome still works fine. The site worked earlier today on the same computer.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Try clearing the cookies again, and typing in the forum address. There is still a bit of fine tuning going on for some of these things. But, do try the cookies and typing in the forum address again.

M1k3

Reaction score
@Angie you probably have a lot going on right now, but, anyway you could make the coloring for notifications a little more contrasting between new and already seen notifications?

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
@Angie you probably have a lot going on right now, but, anyway you could make the coloring for notifications a little more contrasting between new and already seen notifications?
So the almost white against the light blue is not enough of a difference in color? Anyone else find this so?

M1k3

Reaction score
It works for me, except on mobile while outside. Then it's hard to tell the difference. It's not a big deal though.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Never hurts to see what others think, too.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I've asked one of the tech team members to see about darkening it a little bit more.

Barashka

Reaction score
Mild suggestion: is it possible to some how pre size the add space ... On mobile pages jump under my finger as ads load. Sometimes I end up clicking on post above the one I was aiming at.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Mild suggestion: is it possible to some how pre size the add space ... On mobile pages jump under my finger as ads load. Sometimes I end up clicking on post above the one I was aiming at.
Probably not, but have you turned off the ads, so none of them bother your placing? We do not have it where not logged in see the ads all the time, but the members can turn them off.
Just click on your name in the top right hand corner and that opens your User Control Panel. Click on preferences and go down the options until you get to the Opt out of ads. Give it a try. You'll love it.

Barashka

Reaction score
I would turn them off .. but I figure it helps keep this site running .. so I keep them on.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I would turn them off .. but I figure it helps keep this site running .. so I keep them on.
It does help. And if you see something if you click on it, I think it ads a couple of cents more. I'm not real sure as that's not my main area.

MowgFace

Reaction score
Did all the recommended steps above, and still doesn’t work on Chrome. iPhone (Chrome) works fine.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Yes 1440 minutes for everyone. But as a perk for being a Supporting Member it is longer.
So.... Reg members get the short 1440 minutes but Supporting members get the longer 1440 minutes?

AT5760

Reaction score
I am not able to get to the new site on my iPhone (running Chrome) or my macbook (running Firefox). I've deleted everything from Chrome and it still is taking me to the old site.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Are you typing in the forum address or using an old link?

AT5760

Reaction score
I am typing in the forum address. I also tried uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling. It took me directly to the old site.

KCMande

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only get the site to work on my android phone chrome or Firefox off of wifi. If I connect to wifi I get the same message that I was getting all day yesterday about the update. Can't get it to work on my windows laptop either.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
If you cleared the cache and cookies and that unistall/reinstall and it does not work you may have to wait one more day for the pathway to catch up.

AT5760

Reaction score
Thanks @Angie. I think my internet provider catching up may be the issue. I tried my phone on data vs. wi-fi and the new site came up.

Luftmensch

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support @Angie. Looking good!

For others having difficulty: I tried to clear data for the KKF alone. It didn't seem to work. I went nuclear - cleared all internet data and restarted my browser. That worked a treat.
(Using Chrome)

Luftmensch

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now go to the Smileys. Holy cow!🐂 Lots of them. It should keep you busy.

AWESOME! o_O

I don't like gratuitous use of smileys but they are great for conveying emotion that might not come across in text. They can be fun for general humour and puns...

I appreciate this expansion of functionality!

ModRQC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a nice update KKF! Glad to be back, didn't work at all for me for most of 48 hours.

So we now have the usual Messenger emojis... Nice, I'll now have my favorite options available...

🤨🧐🤔

Ok then... 🤐

McMan

Reaction score
Hi @Angie,
Thanks for all your help sheparding the upgrade!
Quick question:
When I am online I see the green online icon on my avatar (see photo). But, in the privacy settings, I've left the box to "show your online status" unchecked. I'd prefer for the green icon not to be there. Am i missing something? Thanks.
1587158497774.png
1587158514977.png

M1k3

Reaction score
Have you tried unchecking it. Save. Checking it. Save?

M1k3

Reaction score
As of writing this, I don't see you as online.