Alibaba knives driving me insane

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, my Instagram feed is inundated by this bologna. Every week it’s some other a-hole selling some junk that’s so clearly from Ali-baba. They even have all the same stock images! Logos that are photoshopped on! Thanks a lot Brad Leone for making the Serbian chef knife shape so popular. F U dude.

That’s all. Rant over

DCB7F3B3-043D-40EE-89A5-8C1A0DDB878B.jpeg

A knifemaker I know is working on a Serbian cleaver right now, last one in line before my number comes up; I can’t imagine spending custom money on one of those

Is he really photoshopping the logo in this picture? What happens when you get the knife and it’s blank?

I was thinking spray paint and a stencil. Either way he’s a scum bag. I forgot how much I like that name. SCUM BAG

A knifemaker I know is working on a Serbian cleaver right now, last one in line before my number comes up; I can’t imagine spending custom money on one of those
The shape or alibaba POS?

I use a kiricleaver where a chinese cleaver is called for. I like having a knife with the height of a chinese cleaver and a tip. Its to me analagous of why a santoku was invented from the Nakiri.

The shape or alibaba POS?

I use a kiricleaver where a chinese cleaver is called for. I like having a knife with the height of a chinese cleaver and a tip. Its to me analagous of why a santoku was invented from the Nakiri.

I’ve never had an issue using the tip of a Chinese cleaver just like any other knife - but then again I tried to be a cleaver guy and it didn’t really take

I never got why people are so hung up on a giant knife to cut meat, especially cooked meat.

Fresh off a 1k3k9k progression I got a white honyaki Gyuto to push through a medium Strip like it was a bell pepper. Really wish I filmed it but I wasn’t expecting to be that good!

Fresh off a 1k3k9k progression I got a white honyaki Gyuto to push through a medium Strip like it was a bell pepper. Really wish I filmed it but I wasn’t expecting to be that good!
Not wanting to rain on your party, but for how many cuts was it as sharp as that? My experience has been that an edge like that goes back to "normal very sharp" after about a dozen cuts.

Back