All-Clad Factory Sale - Return just-bought D3 fry pan for a discounted Copper Core?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WPerry

Reaction score
Last week, I received a 12" All-Clad D3 fry pan (with lid) for $109 - still haven't used it. This week, I got the email for the All-Clad factory sale and I see 12" Copper Core fry pans (no lid) for $168 (factory second) or $178 (damaged packing, but presumably first quality).

Will I, an enthusiastic but humble home hack, appreciate the differences between the two pans? If so, is that difference a no-brainer at an additional cost of $60 or $70? Or is there a better deal to be had from a super-secret source for comparable/better pans (Demeyere?)? Or do I just stick with the good-enough D3?

I'll be using a decent residential induction range.

There's minimal performance difference between the All Clad D3/5/Copper, IMO. If you were open to non-stainless options I'd think the money would be better spent on carbon steel or true copper (depending on your range and how you cook) than more from within the All Clad lines.

I would keep the D3 with lid…
I like how mine works on induction.
I also have Demeyere Industry and, while arguably nicer pans, mine take longer to heat up on induction.
Biggest advantage of Demeyere is the lack of rivets.

There's minimal performance difference between the All Clad D3/5/Copper, IMO. If you were open to non-stainless options I'd think the money would be better spent on carbon steel or true copper (depending on your range and how you cook) than more from within the All Clad lines.
I already have a couple of carbon steel pans, that see a lot of use, and some enameled cast iron, but no stainless skillets or sauté pans.

I would keep the D3 with lid…
I like how mine works on induction.
I also have Demeyere Industry and, while arguably nicer pans, mine take longer to heat up on induction.
Biggest advantage of Demeyere is the lack of rivets.
Cool - I was specifically wondering about the difference in responsiveness on induction. I already feel like turning down the heat on my cheapie stainless clad sauce pans is like slamming on the brakes; with the assumption that the D3 is at least as good, I wasn't sure that I'd need better, to be honest.

I sure like my All-Clad copper core on my Viking gas range. I sold my All-Clad D5 fry pan.

Back