All Rectangle March?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it would make a decent coarse bastard file :). Maybe a back scratcher if nothing else. Far more useful without an edge.

Are you not familiar with the esteemed Chelsea Miller?

Farrier files and rasps. Handles from the trees of the farm. It's all very quaint and feel goody and Bohemian.

And she leaves that there to serve as a grater. Quite efficient.

Last edited:
I was not familiar, but a google search confirmed that you were not joking. Maybe I should feel bad about my comment? It is 800 USD + so it has to be great... May end up putting a WTB up and just check the waters ;).

To each their own :). I can't knock it too much as she is doing far better work than I could!

Reactions: ian
I was not familiar, but a google search confirmed that you were not joking. Maybe I should feel bad about my comment? It is 800 USD + so it has to be great... May end up putting a WTB up and just check the waters ;).

To each their own :). I can't knock it too much as she is doing far better work than I could!

Nah buddy, it's okay. You can knock it all you want.

I do.

:)

You could tie a horse rasp to your car, then take a cruise down the highway and end up with a similar quality result.

New rectangles
PXL_20230323_204733797.jpg

Nah buddy, it's okay. You can knock it all you want.

I do.

:)

Chelsea's knives are not what I'm collecting, not my cup of tea. However, I've never knocked her, but support her and what she's doing. Lotta haters here. For me, gotta support a fellow Brooklyniteā€”she's a hardworking knife maker that's identified her audience; built a large number of happy collectors; media savvy; ambitious. For all the talk here about 'community'ā€”she's been very active building a community of foodies and knife appreciators in Brooklyn. One of the few women knife makers. I attribute the 'hate Chelsea' people as probably stemming from either professional jealousy or simple sexism (judged by some of the sexist comments towards her on other threads here (tone-deaf in 2023!)). Great to see a success story like hers. Brooklyn!

Chelsea's knives are not what I'm collecting, not my cup of tea. However, I've never knocked her, but support her and what she's doing. Lotta haters here. For me, gotta support a fellow Brooklyniteā€”she's a hardworking knife maker that's identified her audience; built a large number of happy collectors; media savvy. For all the talk here about 'community'ā€”she's been very active building a community of foodies and knife appreciators in Brooklyn. One of the few women knife makers. I attribute the 'hate Chelsea' people as probably stemming from either professional jealousy or simple sexism (judged by some of the sexist comments towards her on other threads here (tone-deaf in 2023!)). Great to see a success story like hers. Brooklyn!

Oh good grief. I can dislike what someone churns out and boasts as bespoke high-end cutlery without being a hater and especially without hating the person.

You can definitely knock her knives and hopefully you know better than buy one. Trust your instincts on this one.
Chelsea's knives are not what I'm collecting, not my cup of tea. However, I've never knocked her, but support her and what she's doing. Lotta haters here. For me, gotta support a fellow Brooklyniteā€”she's a hardworking knife maker that's identified her audience; built a large number of happy collectors; media savvy; ambitious. For all the talk here about 'community'ā€”she's been very active building a community of foodies and knife appreciators in Brooklyn. One of the few women knife makers. I attribute the 'hate Chelsea' people as probably stemming from either professional jealousy or simple sexism (judged by some of the sexist comments towards her on other threads here (tone-deaf in 2023!)). Great to see a success story like hers. Brooklyn!
Her knives suck!!it has nothing to do with sexism. There are plenty of females making legit knives. The movie the menu did a sarcastic take on sone of the pretentious things of fine dining. If you were to do a movie about marketing hype and people taking to artisan trash, in the knife world, she would be the character. We all know you can be an awesome chef and not know that much about knives. There are plenty of people with money to waste to throw at her cheese grater knives. They are a complete joke. Yes she has done a great job marketing herself and fooling those who know little about knive into buying her hideous work. People also buy Cutco and other bs knives. Cutco look and are probably better than hers. That is sad. People make money all kinds of ways selling all kinds of crap.

Back