Alternatives to 'down the rabbit hole'.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Refined, yet toothy
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brain might explode if I see the phrase "falling down the J-knife/nat rabbit hole" written again. Here are some alternatives:

1) I think I'm falling in love with J-knives/nats.
2) I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with J-knives/nats.
3) I'm always thinking about J-knives/nats when having sex.
4) I'm afraid of going too deep into J-knives/nats, lest I be eaten by the rabbits that dwell in the depths.
5) I'm getting divorced.

Other suggestions?

And now for a musical interlude:

As I look through the cabniet from the Shigs to the Dois
I take a look at my wallet and realize there's not much left
'Coz I've been buyin and sellin' and tradin' so long, that
Even my mama thinks that my mind is gone
But I ain't never saw a knife where I didn't want
Leave my knives in the sink? you know that's unheard of
You better watch how you're chopin', and never be rockin'
Or you and your homies might get laugh off the board
You gotta raise that tip or you got it wrong
As I sharp I raise a burr on the edge, fool
I'm the kinda JB the little sharpies wanna be like
On my knees in the night, sharpin' blades in the moonlight!
Been spendin' most of their dimes,
livin' in the knifa's paradise
Been pissin' off most our wives,
Keep lookin' at all these knives,
Keep spendin' most our lives,

(Borrowing a term from the guitar community)

I have KAS - Knife Acquisition Syndrome.
Im a homeopathic healer and I can get rid of your KAS, you just need to give me all your money. Heard people catch it from a virus that goes around internet forums, especially deadly SAS-variant

"If you've already dug yourself a hole too deep to climb out of, you may as well keep digging.”

My brain might explode if I see the phrase "falling down the J-knife/nat rabbit hole" written again. Here are some alternatives:

1) I think I'm falling in love with J-knives/nats.
2) I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with J-knives/nats.
3) I'm always thinking about J-knives/nats when having sex.
4) I'm afraid of going too deep into J-knives/nats, lest I be eaten by the rabbits that dwell in the depths.
5) I'm getting divorced.

Other suggestions?
bless this forum

Reactions: ian
There wasn’t, in my mind. Your spouse will assume that glint in your eye is desire for them, rather than the reflection of your mirror-polished fantasy. The divorce is for financial reasons.

In my field (math), there’s this joke:

Q: What’s similar about math and sex?

A: You’re always thinking about one while doing the other.

I have a colleague who laughed a little too hard when he first heard this joke. His wife was not amused.

Does a variant of this joke exist in your fields?

Last edited:
Rabbit hole? What rabbit hole? I don't see no stinkin' rabbit hole. I don't even see any rabbits.

Rabbits you say? Man, I would love to get my honesuki into one them critters. But wait. I ain't got no honesuki. Let me check my credit card balance....

I’d like to taste an anti-rabbit at some point, but even I with my limited physics background know that wouldn’t end well for me.

It’s an addiction, thus, you are KnifeHolics

I believe there's a seven step program to deal with Knife-a-holism. The first step is to get rid of all your knives by sending them to me. I forget the rest of the steps.

In the past I've mused on terms such as black holes, sink holes, worm holes etc. Note the presence of the word hole in all of them*. At least with a rabbit hole, there's some hope of coming out... one day. :rolleyes:

I recommend the following piece by Kathryn Schulz that appeared in The New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-rabbit-hole-rabbit-hole
She mentions how the metaphor changed from Carroll's meaning of "to stumble into a bizarre and disorienting alternate reality" to a "a metaphor for extreme distraction".

* - then there are gravity wells! :eek:

In the past I've mused on terms such as black holes, sink holes, worm holes etc. Note the presence of the word hole in all of them*. At least with a rabbit hole, there's some hope of coming out... one day. :rolleyes:

I recommend the following piece by Kathryn Schulz that appeared in The New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-rabbit-hole-rabbit-hole

* - then there are gravity wells! :eek:

Now that is comprehensive! Funny, the author’s a friend of my wife’s. (Or more precisely, my wife is very close with the author’s long term ex.)

Back