An Apology

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I would like to apologize to Mark ******** and forum members for my comments in a recent post on KKF. My argument was based on assumptions that turned out to be untrue and I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge that. I am taking back what I have said and will have no further comments about this matter.

Marko

Marko, I think we all understand you are a craftsman, who is rightfully proud of his work. I would feel the same way if a corporate restaurant opened up next to my establishment. I think everyone on this forum is here because they appreciate true craftsmanship. I am thrilled to see all the new work coming out, and look forward to seeing yours, as we all know by your previous work, you hold yourself to very high standards. So, keep up the good work!

"Le chapeau" Marko.

Is there a chance this topic will be deleted?

I don't think it's anyone's place to say that you (or anyone else) arnt entitled to their own personal feelings. However, as interesting as feelings can be, your amazing WORK is what I think really gets everyone excited around here. A focused, determined, lazer-guided Marko is a force of great awe and wonder. I eagerly wait to see all the great stuff that's going to come out of your brain and materialize in your shop.

The Remedy thread sure brought out very strong opinions, and some people got caught up in the heat of the moment.

With that being said, I hope this thread is due to revisiting prior posts after going through a cool-off period, and not because there was a behind-the-scenes threat.

We're looking forward to seeing your knives make it out into the world of knife knuts, and I for one do not see the factory-produced damascus knife reducing your potential customer base. You've shown time and time again how careful/ thoughtful you are with the items you produce and sell, and that is something no factory can touch. Your products have a value besides the raw material costs.

Very big of you, Marko. Live and let live, I say. Your work will surely stand on it's own.

I hope this thread is due to revisiting prior posts after going through a cool-off period, and not because there was a behind-the-scenes threat.

That's what I was thinking, I my self even got a few " friendly" emails and PT's and I didn't even say anything this time???

It's a knife forum. Everyone is entitled to the occasional rant.

That's what I was thinking, I my self even got a few " friendly" emails and PT's and I didn't even say anything this time???[/QUOT

It doesn't matter much what others ponder. So why bother?

Anyone else I might question. Not Marko.

That's what I was thinking, I my self even got a few " friendly" emails and PT's and I didn't even say anything this time???

Aw, I thought I was the only one getting these messages... You mean I'm not special?

You guys must be special. I have never received anything of the sort in the years I've been posting.

Don't feel bad, Salty. You're special to me, lol. :happyyes:

China can use some love too, yo.

Its easy to get carried away for things that means a lot to you. I know both Mark R and Marko, and have a friendship with both of them.

Marko has a passion for knives like no other, and he also is a perfectionist. I know him for his great skills and to be honest: I like the way he works.
Even though we all got to have an income, Marko has not yet started to sell knives. He wants to be sure that they are perfect before they are shipped out. And I know some of his knife is on a secret testing among a few members here. So even under pressure of moneymaking and knifemaking, marko takes no shortcuts: and for that you have to give the man some credit. Anyway I know things was said, that wasnt meant. But its easy to get carried away for things that means so much to you.

Mark R said about Marko himself: "If I were a betting man, (and I'm not) I would put my money on Marko. I've seen enough of his handles and sayas to know what a freaking perfectionist he is" form this thread link

Mark R is a successful salesman and knows how to marketing a knife. He also knows a lot about knives, and knows to bet on a winning horse. I know some of you have a problem with him, but then again I feel many speak under influence of envy. Mark gives us great steals for great deals, and Im happy with that. Mark have been in this biz for 10 years now, and he is doing great. I have no trouble using him, and infact I bought a knife from him recently and helped him with Devins first saya. Mark R has got a lot of beating on this forum and others, and its not fair. He have been silent all the time, and I can see how he gets angry. However Marko is not the man he should attack. I feel a lot should apoligize.

I hope everybody cools down, and that we move on. Dave should have his moderators go through the forum and delete all the bad blood that has been spilled. Mark R is a great person, with interest for knives and skills in marketing and sales that others envy him.

Salty, Seb:

I'll send you guys messages if it'll make you feel special. :wink:

You guys must be special. I have never received anything of the sort in the years I've been posting.

It's happened to me 3 times once from a vender and 2x from a maker. Note: I did not receive any threats about this last thread only two very nice "warnings" to stay out of it " this time" that is why I sad it would not shock me if this apology was threat related.
I will also state in all fairness as that's what I always strive to be, a fair sarcastic SOB. M.R. has never threatened me nor anyone on his behalf, he has always been professional and fair with me offering nothing but good service. However my dealings with him have always been customer to vender.
BTW none of this is me being sarcastic, not this time at lest :D

That is no doubt for fear that you would see such a message as a challenge :p

Big of you to speak out in this manner Marko, but unwarranted as I see it. The discussion was on craftsmanship, business models, capitalism, and the global marketplace as it pertains to the artisan community, which you certainly represent. While your commentary was "inspired," it did not cross the line any more than dozens of other brash comments made on this and thousands of other forums daily. I don't agree with everything you had to say, but I certainly respect your right to say it and I appreciate the value of your opinion. The previous fallout is still a sensitive subject though, it seems, and people had to turn this into something it never was.
Regards.

Back