An apology

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
Guys,
Some of you may have noticed that I have not been as active on the board recently and I have even failed to reply to a few pms.
We had another death in the family, this time my mother in law and not only has this affected me, but my wife has had to handle most of the details, with as much as support as possible. As you can imagine this has been a burden, but it does not excuse some of my behavior. This even affected my work, to the extent that I forgot to mark some of the knives I just finished and I put the wrong handle on one of the knives. Talk about a really bonehead move.
I would like to say that I am sorry and that I will try to do better in the future.
Thanks,
Del

Del,

Accept my sympathy for the passing of your mother-in-law.

No apology is necessary, and I think I speak for all of the forum members about this.

I hope your life returns to normal soon.

Rick

Del,

No apology is necessary, and I think I speak for all of the forum members about this.

Rick

+1 You have my sympaties as well, Del. Hang in there.

I agree. Life is more important than this stuff. Knives can always wait, or be fixed later on.
Hope you and the family pull through ok.

Sorry about your loss. I'm sure everyone will understand that life comes before work. Take care.

~M

Anybody who has been there knows how heavy this can weigh, please don't feel the need to add any extra guilt to the mix over a few trivial oversights among friends.
Take care of your wife, and please accept my condolences.
-jw

My condolences Del. Your family definitely comes first. Please take as much time as you need to help get things in order. I'm sure everyone here feels for you and your family. No apologies necessary.

My condolences Del. Your family definitely comes first. Please take as much time as you need to help get things in order. I'm sure everyone here feels for you and your family. No apologies necessary.

+1, Family first.

I give you my condolences also, through this tough and stressful time. Extra stress of a loved one's death is enough to cause these problems. With the added stress of taking care of arrangements is extremely tough. I say take care of what you need to and the rest can come later. It is even acceptable in business to take time off. Again my condolences.

I buy things from people that don't cater exclusively to my life. I'm happy to patron people in a manner that allows them time for their family without the growing stress of work. I also understand having work to do and being mentally drained--I tried to open my post office box with a car remote two days ago.

Condolences, Mr. Ealy.

I empathize with your situation my wife lost her mom 6 months ago. Your errors are just stress. It will take time. My condolences, and wishing you normal days in your near future.

Sorry for your loss Del. The older we get, the more people we lose. Your knives are still awesome, even without your name on the side. Might even mean more given the story those particular blades tell. All the best to you and your family. You will be in all our hearts and prayers.

Mr. Ealy,
My prayers will be for you and your family upon every remebrance.

PZ

All the best to you, your wife, and the rest of your family!

Del,

Rick

+1.

All the best Del.

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. The great part about dealing with custom makers is the ability to interact directly with the maker. Be it Randy recalling his cufflinks or the custom knife guy (sorry forgot who it was) that was offering a re-etch because he found a better method, mistakes happen it's great that you can step up and be honest about what happened, one of the many reasons I love buying customs.

I remember all to well when my parents died and when my wifes parents died. We both made errors and mistakes but we managed to get through the grief and bad times in a few weeks. Stay as tough as your knives and don't be afraid to allow the grief to work its way out. And if, a cutomer gets a little ill, there will be other customers but we only have one set of parents.

Sorry for your family's loss Del. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones!

Del my best wishes to you and your family, very sad news,:(
lots of love,
Will

Back