An Idea

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

ptolemy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am not sure if this is possible, but I would love to be able t edit my posts without any time limits. Now, obviously, the reason it can't be done right now, so that we can't edit it post sale, for example to change the description...

With that said, I seen on other forums (can't think of the name now), beside every post an edit log, where a user can click it and see the revision history. This would allow keeping people 'honest' and also allow keeping threads clean and being able to update as needed.

My hope is that this software allows something similar to be done...

TIA :)

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
There are time limits due to the number of people that can get their underwear in a wad when feelings are hurt. In the past some have edited out content of hundreds of posts.
It will not be done here. If you have something that must need editing and you're out of your editing time, send me a message and I'll discuss it with you.

ptolemy

Reaction score
There are time limits due to the number of people that can get their underwear in a wad when feelings are hurt. In the past some have edited out content of hundreds of posts.
It will not be done here. If you have something that must need editing and you're out of your editing time, send me a message and I'll discuss it with you.
Oh, no. it's not a big deal. It's just when I sell something, I like to keep threads updated and clutter free, so it would be neater and when something is sold, i want to close it, but right now, I can't. I could always alert you guys to it, I suppose, if you guys dont mind.

I totally get the editing part, hence why I mentioned the edit history option, but I imagine it maybe unique to that forum where I saw it.

Ty for the reply,

cheers