An old Ochsencopf chopper

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Hope this thread is in the right directory.
I saw recently on a garage sale this chopper from the attached pics.
I saw the manufacturer's web site, but was surprised to see they do not [produce choppers anymore. They have axes and other metal tools, but not choppers. To my (other) surprise these no result in this forum for the name "Ochsencopf". So, I decided to show the chooper here.
Curous what does "20" number mean? How old (appr.) is this tool, in your opinion.
It looked nice and I wont hide I had an urge to buy it...:)
Any opnion/comment is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 27
That is a nice cleaver. What did you pay for it? I’m gonna assume like other manufacturers that the 20 refers maybe to size? Never saw that brand before. It looks crazy thick and looks like it has very little use. All good things. I’d send it to Dave for a crazy sharp convex bevel and start whacking stuff with it. Ryan

Searching Ox Head might give you some luck. I have one of their axes but wasn't aware they ever made knives.

That is a nice cleaver. What did you pay for it? I’m gonna assume like other manufacturers that the 20 refers maybe to size? Never saw that brand before. It looks crazy thick and looks like it has very little use. All good things. I’d send it to Dave for a crazy sharp convex bevel and start whacking stuff with it. Ryan
Hi sudsy9977, I dont remember what is the price, but it seems I bumped an encounter. Who is Dave?

He is probably referring to Dave Martell, a vendor here and a nice guy who answers email inquiries quickly in my experience.

Correct. Dave martell. He does sharpening and makes knives. He’s sharpened over 50 meat cleavers for me lol. Does a great job

Back