And it's KANJI again ...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milas555

Reaction score
I bought it, but I don't know what ;-)
After all, Yanagiba Honyaki 330mm for left-handed people is not often found.
Can anyone read these kanji?
Thanks in advance
IMG_8345.jpg
IMG_8348.jpg

Thanks, I have to remove the handle (the knife needs "a little" work), maybe I can find the artist's signature on the tang ...

😂
PS.When I come back from vacation I will let you know what I found ...

The kanji part says 正行 作 Masakyuki Saku (made by masayuki).
The marks with the 12, I have no idea what that may be. Is this a tang on a knife?
If this were a cooking knife, there is a Ikeda Masayuki and also a Sakai Masayuki brand. Although their signatures do not look anything like this.
But from the photos I can not tell what we are looking at. Please post a photo of the entire thing.

There is the same beehive-looking design with number (though the # is different) on this Togashi from Hitohira:
1597958056450.png

Last edited:
The kanji part says 正行 作 Masakyuki Saku (made by masayuki).
The marks with the 12, I have no idea what that may be. Is this a tang on a knife?
If this were a cooking knife, there is a Ikeda Masayuki and also a Sakai Masayuki brand. Although their signatures do not look anything like this.
But from the photos I can not tell what we are looking at. Please post a photo of the entire thing.

As above in the post, the knife is Yanagiba 330mm Honyaki (left-handed) ...
IMG_8356.jpg

You are interested in?
A bit too big for home cooking ...
I replaced the handle, refreshed, polished and .... never used by me ;)

:cheers:

There is the same beehive-looking design with number (though the # is different) on this Togashi from Hitohira:
View attachment 91073

This is the mark of a Dentoukougeishi 伝統工芸士 and the number represents the craftman number.
Number 38 is Togashi Kenji.
But I have no idea who Number 12 is,
The "bell" like mark contains a Kou 工 character with a staggered vertical line.

Back