Android app

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Anyone else have Android app go **** up the last couple days? Did the delete / reload and it's still "stopped working"

Xenif

Reaction score
Mine stopped working since an andriod OS update 2 days ago, also uninstalled/reinstall still dosent work.
Our spouses/s.o. are on to us !?!?!? :O

Marek07

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have Android app go **** up the last couple days? Did the delete / reload and it's still "stopped working"
Only went belly up today. Get a "Kitchen Knife Forum has stopped" message. Two options: Close app or Send feedback. Doing either doesn't allow the app to load and work. Just went through uninstall/reinstall - nothing has changed.
:(
Mine stopped working since an andriod OS update 2 days ago, also uninstalled/reinstall still dosent work.
Our spouses/s.o. are on to us !?!?!? :O
Can't recall if I updated the OS recently. Sure as hell hope the spouses haven't ganged up on us!
:O

Edit: For the record, I'm running Android 8.0.0

Devon_Steven

Reaction score
Same thing as Marek happened to me this morning. Running android 8.0.0 but no recent updates as far as I know.

Uninstall /re install has not helped.

bkultra

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Also not working for older versions of android, tested 7.0

Jovidah

Reaction score
I've had issues as well. Can load the app but certain tabs in it aren't loading. Also had some issues lately with graphical bugs in the main menu. Maybe someone forgot to feed the hamsters?

Xenif

Reaction score
Update: I was bvle to get into the app if it gives me a notification, I can get into the app, even browse around, but as soon as I hit back and goto the main front page the app force stops.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Xenif, you're getting further along than most folks. It seems to be Tapatalk issue, possibly with the android update but that's just a guess from what I've been reading. It's not only on this forum, but a few others I'm around. And even to ME, (can you imagine the Nerve to have the Admin not get in on the app? :) )

I plan to send Tapatalk another email about this issue. The Tapatalk platform is what KKF App is built on, and so they have to fix.

Try again tomorrow and in the morning uninstall and reinstall so any improvements they may be making will be active. I will do the same, too.

Talim

Reaction score
It worked for a minute, then stopped again.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've uninstalled and installed and tested a few times today. Still not working for me.

Tapatalk has been notified and I pulled the site owner into it as they recognize his name more than mine. I know site owner thinks this is going on too long and working on getting things corrected.

Really sorry for this happening. Please hang in a bit longer.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
FWIW the web app works fine on my droid. A little hard to navigate with the little bitty buttons but if I can do it.......

Marek07

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without any further intervention or fanfare, the app just started working this morning. Everything seems OK. 👍

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I was just notified by Tapatalk that it is corrected. I've tested this forum and few others, and it does seem to be working as we are use to.

Will Newham

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just notified by Tapatalk that it is corrected. I've tested this forum and few others, and it does seem to be working as we are use to.
Is anyone else still having issues?
Just started getting this error this evening and sends to tapatalk in google play store. Tried reinstalling. Screenshot_20191018-202829.jpg

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
It has been reported to everyone that can fix it.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
The "Easy Button" is just to use the web browser. I was reluctant at first, small buttons, big fingers and all that. But the more I went to the site that way instead of the app the more I liked it. Have not used the app in so long I had to pull it up just to check my phone (which suffers the same as described above).

rogue108

Reaction score
I am getting the same "The forum is not available..." message when I launch the app

Latest posts