Announcement!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
I have worked on drilling rigs most of my life. Roughly six years ago I took a shore based job, and a huge paycut because it's what I thought I wanted. Well it turns out the daily grind just isn't for me, commuting, the traffic, frickin cubicles. I recently got an offer to go back offshore that I just could not refuse. Starting 9/25 I am going to be traveling again and will be gone for extended periods of time. This is going to affect my turn around time on handles. There is also going to be periods of time when I will not be able to communicate with you guys, should you have a question or want to place an order. I will be back in touch so please be patient if my response is slow. The good news is that for every day I am gone I will get a day off, so I will be only working half the year. I will actually have considerably more time off than I do now. I have every intention of maintaining my pro craftsman status, and my sub forum, provided it proves feasible as I get into the new job. I am really excited to be getting back on the rigs, and riding a helicopter to work again!

I want to thank you guys for the help, support, and encouragement, you have provided me.
Mike

Any questions or concerns please drop me a PM

Gratz! Hope it's everything you expect it to be!

What Rick said (well said, Rick).

Sounds like you're ready Mike. Best of luck.

My brother used to work for ERA flying guys like you out to the oil rigs.
Most....I mean all the guys I met who worked the oil rigs were kind of crazy.
But you seem kind of normal-ish. What's up with that?

Just teasing you Mike. Congratulations.

Gonna miss the constant posts of your great looking handles. Sounds like a daily adventure.

Jerk! joy riding around in helicopters and doing what you love. hate you even more.
have fun, be safe, brother

Good luck Mike, always nice to see someone with agreeable and profitable work.

Glen

Mike, Congratulations! Good Luck For New Job!!

We'll miss you when you're gone Mike but we'll keep the lights on for ya. Good luck in your new job!

Best of luck. Enjoy going back to your roots.

A helicopter to work is cool if it's a short ride. I get airsick in them.

Good for you, BTW.

Back