Another Announcement

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

mhenry

Founding Member
Reaction score
I think most of ya'll know I recently changed jobs and went back to work for an offshore drilling outfit. It has been going really well, and I have been enjoying it. My little boy however has voiced his dis-like with my absense while traveling. Luckily job offers have been plenty lately and a local company has made me an offer that will keep me in town significantly more. I have accepted it and it looks like I will only have to travel two maybe three times a year to Copenhagen. I can't believe I am changing jobs soon

What this means is I am back and can start making more handles again. I had pretty much stopped taking orders and actually returned a few knives without new handles. I will contact everyone who's knives I returned and see if ya'll are still interested.
Thanks again for the support and patience

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
Awesome news Mike!
Very cool that you'll get more time with the family. I'm very happy with the decision I made.

Bill13

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike, This is great news for your family foremost, and secondly for me! I have received after 8 months a 240 Shigefusa kitaeji, and would love for you to but a nice handle on it. Can you PM me pricing for a handle with two woods and a taper a the front.

Thanks!

Mrmnms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing more important than family. Great news.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
That's great news Mike. Good for you, good for your family and good for the knife world. "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place.......".

GLE1952

Reaction score
Congrats, I've been sort of looking for a change maybe your luck will rub off on me.

Johnny.B.Good

Reaction score
Congratulations, Mike! Glad your new job will allow you to be home with your family more. Hopefully you will enjoy the work just as much.

cclin

Reaction score
Mike, congratulations! great news for both your family & KKF....

Fran Rendina

Reaction score
Great news Mike children grow up to quick, great you can spend more time with family.

The Edge

Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Sounds like everything is working out well for you. Glad you will be able to spend more time with your family. If the byproduct is you making more handles, then I won't complain, but there are more things important. Good luck with the new job!

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Great news all the way around. Let me know if you need one to practice on while getting your groove back :groucho: