Another kanji translation question, but on a stone this time!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotedupy

Reaction score
Or more precisely: on an Asano nagura. I've had a fair dig around the internet and not been able to find anything matching... might someone be able to help me out? (Obviously - it's the rectangle at the bottom I need help with).

Thank you!

IMG_2877.jpg

Thanks guys. Sounds like it doesn't actually say the stone layer then... interesting!

(Or possibly even that it isn't a nagura as such, and might be a sharpening stone for the tips of knives...? Does such a thing exist?)

Given that the stone has the shape of a knife tip and it says “for use on the tip of edges” I think that was it’s design intent. Your usage may vary. It may be a nagura though. I am merely using my Chinese and Japanese kanji knowledge here, not knife or stone knowledge. I literally translated it with help from a dictionary. I am no knife expert and am New to Japanese knives and stones but have a decently deep background in the two Asian languages mentioned.

Given that the stone has the shape of a knife tip and it says “for use on the tip of edges” I think that was it’s design intent. Your usage may vary. It may be a nagura though. I am merely using my Chinese and Japanese kanji knowledge here, not knife or stone knowledge. I literally translated it with help from a dictionary. I am no knife expert and am New to Japanese knives and stones but have a decently deep background in the two Asian languages mentioned.

Thank you for taking the time, very much appreciated :). I owe you a pint if ever I'm allowed back home!

Back