Anthony Bourdain's custom Bob Kramer knife at auction.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There hasn't been any action on the knife for almost a week, still at 29 bids, still 14 days to go. Buyer's quandary—should one buy the Bourdain-Kramer knife or 408 King NEO stones, or 25 Katos, or a car.
For me it was a new concrete driveway and a new patio. I would have preferred the knife though.

For me it was a new concrete driveway and a new patio. I would have preferred the knife though.

Yeah, but you already have one:)

Anyway, i see the early bids as just raising the starting point for the real bidding...

There hasn't been any action on the knife for almost a week, still at 29 bids, still 14 days to go. Buyer's quandary—should one buy the Bourdain-Kramer knife or 408 King NEO stones, or 25 Katos, or a car.

Could be the calm before the storm… last auction I won I decided no sense expressing interest until the 11th hour, just watching quietly in the background, then bid around the time anti-sniping provisions would apply.

Some Kramer’s have sold for over $50k, I think there was a Kiritsuke over $60k. Will be interesting to se what this goes for

I would not be surprised to see $50-60K final price incl premium

My mistake has not gone to auction yet. Saw it in a glass case at Mecum auction. It will sell in the millions.

Thanks for the link. Curious to see how much it goes for. It would be nice if it could end up in public arena. Probably not though.

A Aston Martin DB5 Sean Connery Bond Movie sold for 6.4 million. Then again a DB5 is worth a lot more at auction then a fastback Mustang. I'm sure that Pony is worth more unrestored. It is a pretty cool car. Read somewhere that the owners wife used it as a daily driver for a while, her kids thought it was too loud:)

Thanks for the link. Curious to see how much it goes for. It would be nice if it could end up in public arena. Probably not though.

A Aston Martin DB5 Sean Connery Bond Movie sold for 6.4 million. Then again a DB5 is worth a lot more at auction then a fastback Mustang. I'm sure that Pony is worth more unrestored. It is a pretty cool car. Read somewhere that the owners wife used it as a daily driver for a while, her kids thought it was too loud:)

Off topic, sorry. For less money than the mustang, I'd rather have this Triumph motorcycle from Steve McQueen's collection:
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/january/las-vegas-bonhams-motorbike-auction/

Bond's Aston Martin had been a dream car for me.

Wow that's a nice Triumph. One of my first bikes back in the day was a BSA 441 Victor single thumper. Wish I still had that bike. Off topic celebrity knives to cars & motorcycles sweet polished aluminum engine casings much better than chrome.

Curious on what the highest price a Kramer knife has sold for?

I think there was one with some crazy engraving on the handle that went for over $50k. The Kramer auctions are tough to follow these days because you can't register if you aren't in the US anymore.

I think there was one with some crazy engraving on the handle that went for over $50k. The Kramer auctions are tough to follow these days because you can't register if you aren't in the US anymore.
Plus he makes you payo_O

Back