• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn .

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
Would you mind taking caliper measurements in multiple places and posting those pictures? Also, that does not look like tin inside. Rivets look more to be stainless and lining either nickel or stainless? Perhaps wrong pictures uploaded?

Not to mention that E. Dehillerin has never made copper cookware. And anything made before the 1960s wouldn't have been stamped "Made in France". This listing is completely fraudulent.

Last edited:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/101129...h_query=dehillerin+copper&ref=sr_gallery-1-18
Here's an example of a similar style pot, not in as good condition. Before you come on here talking about I'm a fraud, maybe do some research yourself. I'm not an expert on Dehillerin, but the guy I got it from has an entire collection and I have no reason to not believe him. And Dehillerin is literally known for making sturdy 3-4mm copper cookware... The one in the link is even 2mm, which is quite a bit thinner.

a few things:
  • Dehillerin is a store, not a manufacturer, most of their stuff does say that on the pan, but they do not make it
  • That pan you link is clearly older (look at marks) and is clearly tinned. I would have no issue believing that it's from 1950's
  • They are not known for making 3-4mm cookware. they are known for selling it though :).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/101129...h_query=dehillerin+copper&ref=sr_gallery-1-18
Here's an example of a similar style pot, not in as good condition. Before you come on here talking about I'm a fraud, maybe do some research yourself. I'm not an expert on Dehillerin, but the guy I got it from has an entire collection and I have no reason to not believe him. And Dehillerin is literally known for making sturdy 3-4mm copper cookware...
Yeesh, keep digging. You really need to do your due diligence. The windsor you linked to on Etsy *is* actually tin lined, or it was, mostly. You'll notice it has copper – not SS – rivets, as well. Real tin-lined copper cookware never has SS rivets. There's also no such thing as hammered SS-lined copper cookware. Tin and silver-lined, yes.

E. Dehillerin is a widely renowned seller of kitchen equipment in Paris, but they've never made their own copper cookware. It's made for them, mostly by Mauviel, although it's possible some other manufacturers supplied them long, long ago. What you have is most likely a 1970s-1990s Mauviel 2.5 mm bimetal (SS-lined) copper saucepan. Take a few more caliper measurements along the rim, preferably dead straight ones, and see what you find. You were sold a pup.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd also have noticed the lack of a "Made in France" stamp on that 1950s windsor. They weren't used pre-1960s. In short, trusting sellers on Etsy to accurately describe their wares is reckless, to say the least.

Back