Any difference Munetoshi JNS vs CC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaVa

Reaction score
This horse has probably been beat to death somewhere, but since I can't find it anywhere...

The specs seems very close. Same weight, blade hight and both have ho-wood handles. So is there any difference in grind or profile?

Apart from having different Kanji the CC Gyuto Versions seems to have a more curved profile than the JNS ones.
Personally I haven't used both but my CC 245 has a very gentle curve throughout the entire edge length which I would't expect from a JNS 240 judging by the pictures.

Thanks. Good info.
And yeah, now that you mention it, the CC version does seem in the pictures slightly more curved.

So JNS Munetoshi users is the profile flat? Any flat spot? Or is it also slightly curved all the way, but maybe a bit less?

Thanks. Good info.
And yeah, now that you mention it, the CC version does seem in the pictures slightly more curved.

So JNS Munetoshi users is the profile flat? Any flat spot? Or is it also slightly curved all the way, but maybe a bit less?

I have the full JNS Munetoshi lineup. None of my examples are super flat, all have a gentle curve

My JNS 210mm has a
9B94B3AD-48B3-4634-B965-C8795338D778.jpeg
6cm flat spot. It does look flatter than the CC version on pictures.
Put a longer handle on mine so the proportions may look a bit off.

I see he brought a friend.
Nice Itinomonn!
Now that's a blast from the past.
Not that far in the past, but still.

Yeah, seems pretty close. More belly than I thought. Quite a small difference. Small enough that it could be just variation from knife to knife because they're hand made.

Thanks both! You guys were a big help!
childermass let's talk. I'll PM you.

What is the difference between the munetoshi from jns vs the ones from thecooksedge?

Which iteration of the munetoshi is regarded as the best?

Back