Any experience with Anaori Kakugama

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tristan

Reaction score
Hi all does anyone on the forum have first hand experience using Anaori’s Kakugama carbon block?
Wanted to know if there were any upfront experiences to share, impressions, best recipes suited etc.

The prices are as per the website with occasional newsletter discounts (10-20%) - still expensive. More than 2k for the smaller one

Was curious if anyone had hands on

I had a look. The thing is beautiful, no doubt. But I think it has "snake oil" written all over it. How many Michelin star chefs cook with one of these? (My guess is none.) If nothing else, that shows that such a contraption is not necessary to create excellent food. (The contraption itself might be quite good and work fine, but it isn't necessary.)

That carbon block is basically a sculpture and a piece of art, and it is priced as such.

What piqued my interest is actually a fair number of starred kitchens have added it to their setup.
And I don’t think the intended user is the home chef? I can’t imagine a big market.
Could be a lot of marketing money, or a keeper?

Back