Any F1 fans here?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the Ferrari engine has a good showing in prelims.
1: Leclerc Ferrari
3: Sainz Ferrari
6: Bottas Alfa Romeo
7: Magnussen Hass

All Ferrari engines.

We will see if Ferrari can make the podium Sunday.

Just read that Honda will be making F1 engines in Japan for Red Bull & Alpha Tauri untill 2025 when another engine design is scheduled for F1 in 2026.

So Honda is still making engines for F1.

Verstappen is on fire. Leclerc is making a good fist in what is arguably an equal if not better car. Good thing the RB was fast in a straight line. Maclaren should be doing better.

Yes watched Miami was amazed how they built that track tucked in between Hard Rock stadium & other venues all around. Overhead
cable cars & freeway overpasses.

The stands were packed to capacity. Honda last couple races seemed to have addressed
reliability issues. Ferrari still running strong.

I don't think Checo very impressed with the reliability after his horsepower was de-rated. It cost him a chance at the final podium step.

At first thought they would race in the rain at Monaco. I guess too dangerous. No room for error. That beautiful street circuit is narrow for modern F1. Almost impossible to pass as blocking is easier & cannot make a move. It's more about pole position & pit stops that decide the race.

Max looks strong far ahead in points. This thread has died. Reason I revive it is because watching YouTube streaming on our TV. A British series about famous Brit & Scotch drivers. Graham Hill, Sterling Moss, Jim Clark. One hour specials on each driver.

All were great drivers only Sterling Moss was still alive when series made. Graham Hill won world championship in 1968 only because Jim Clark died in same Lotus with powerful cosworth Ford engine earlier that year.
All the drivers say the Clark was the best even when series made in 2,000's many still consider him best of all time. There were other greats certainly through time. He was a born gifted driver. Intuitive, hyper tuned to the race car and the track. A shy Scot who didn't like speeches or the press was at home peaceful back on the sheep farm when not racing. He was always in the front or winning outright from very beginning. He went to America for Indy 500 in a Lotus almost won but had car trouble. Came back again won buy a huge margin in 1965. He became first England driver in a English car to win the Indy 500. Later Graham Hill in 1966 became second Brit. to win at Indy. Hill said before his death that Clark was a god given talent.

Clark won two GP World Championships 1963 & 1965. At the time of his death in 1968 he was at top of his game no one could beat him. 1963 in the Lotus 25 he dominated winning 7 races in the season.
Spa Belgian 1963 in rainy foggy conditions.
Starting at 8 pole position he passed cars in front of him. With 17 laps to go in pouring rain Clark had lapped rest of field except .Maclaren who finished 5 minutes back.

It is true that Clark's tires, brakes, & transmissions would have less wear than other drivers. Sir Jackie Stewart said of Clark he was so smooth, drove with such finesse. He never bullied a racing car he caressed it.

All this in cars that were death traps & demanding to drive.

Images Graham Hill 1968 Lotus Cosworth V8. Hill type Lotus Indy 500 winner 1966. White car. Lotus 25 car Clack dominated in 1963.
IMG_20220828_112439407.jpg

IMG_20220828_112233364.jpg
IMG_20220828_112832661_HDR.jpg

Max looks strong far ahead in points. This thread has died. Reason I revive it is because watching YouTube streaming on our TV. A British series about famous Brit & Scotch drivers. Graham Hill, Sterling Moss, Jim Clark. One hour specials on each driver.

All were great drivers only Sterling Moss was still alive when series made. Graham Hill won world championship in 1968 only because Jim Clark died in same Lotus with powerful cosworth Ford engine earlier that year.
All the drivers say the Clark was the best even when series made in 2,000's many still consider him best of all time. There were other greats certainly through time. He was a born gifted driver. Intuitive, hyper tuned to the race car and the track. A shy Scot who didn't like speeches or the press was at home peaceful back on the sheep farm when not racing. He was always in the front or winning outright from very beginning. He went to America for Indy 500 in a Lotus almost won but had car trouble. Came back again won buy a huge margin in 1965. He became first England driver in a English car to win the Indy 500. Later Graham Hill in 1966 became second Brit. to win at Indy. Hill said before his death that Clark was a god given talent.

Clark won two GP World Championships 1963 & 1965. At the time of his death in 1968 he was at top of his game no one could beat him. 1963 in the Lotus 25 he dominated winning 7 races in the season.
Spa Belgian 1963 in rainy foggy conditions.
Starting at 8 pole position he passed cars in front of him. With 17 laps to go in pouring rain Clark had lapped rest of field except .Maclaren who finished 5 minutes back.

It is true that Clark's tires, brakes, & transmissions would have less wear than other drivers. Sir Jackie Stewart said of Clark he was so smooth, drove with such finesse. He never bullied a racing car he caressed it.

All this in cars that were death traps & demanding to drive.

Images Graham Hill 1968 Lotus Cosworth V8. Hill type Lotus Indy 500 winner 1966. White car. Lotus 25 car Clack dominated in 1963.View attachment 196025
View attachment 196020View attachment 196026
If they didn't include John Surtees I find it a bit surprising. Hawthorn and Hunt deserve mention too although both had relatively short careers.

Yes Surtees good two & four wheels. Also put Honda GP race cars on the map. Honda engines are doing well in modern F-1.

There maybe more just ones I saw on YouTube.

Max Verstappen domination this year wrapped up championship before end of season. Japan & Texas exciting races. Largest crowd in Texas.

Looks like Honda's decision to stick around till 2025 payed off why quit when you are winning.:cool:

I honestly thought this season was going to be a lot more exciting than it ended up being. Was expecting an intense Max-Leclerc battle for the title, but in the end Ferrari ended up providing more of a comedic relief than an actual challenge. I really feel sorry for Leclerc and especially Sainz; they're both talented drivers but they can't seem to get a break.
Japan could have been far more exciting if they hadn't started it early. Could have been 2 hours of rainy fun but instead all we got was a wet sprintrace.

Well looks like Honda has engine dialed in.
I thought Ferrari had a chance early last season, didn't happen. We will watch this year. She likes watching races. The cities around the globe.

We watched the Netflix special on F1 the 2022 season. Get to see different drivers in F1, managers, politics, like other sports hot picks that do well in races. Lots of swearing.

Was glad to see Sergio Perez get second place. His amazing last to first place F1 victory put him on radar picked up by Red Bull has struggled some but has kept his place with Red Bull. Max has had several teammates come & gone. Another driver I like is Lando Norris McLaren was dismal in first race like to see them get better. Both car & drivers. His teammate O Plastri was backup for Alpine F2 & F3 world champ. McLaren started him first race in F1 unable to finish. He is young time will tell.

It has parallels with other sports, cycling with it's drug problems. Something about cycling in mountains pushing to limits for victory. Fast dangerous descents.

F1 racing on tracks around the world fast open wheel racing cars. Both have rich histories going back over 100 years.

With streaming documentaries we both are enjoying F1. I never know what she will like most of what I like boxing she has no interest in.

Was reading that Ford will be coming back into F1 with next change in 2025. The current 1.6L turbo hybrid has been dominated by Mercedes & Hamilton era. Honda came into this engine late took a while to catch up to Mercedes. Never count out Honda. Ferrari doing well last year seems like bad decisions like not changing tires during crash - safety car laps. The rules are strict about engines to level the playing field. McLaren ditched Honda early on before it got up to speed. Red Bull picked them up in 2019. Aussie Daniel Riccairdo is back with Red Bull as third driver. From McLaren that was at the back of the pack first race of the season. Question is how will teams adapt to challenge Red Bull. How many races will Max win with the Honda mill.

We watched the Netflix special on F1 the 2022 season. Get to see different drivers in F1, managers, politics, like other sports hot picks that do well in races. Lots of swearing.

Was glad to see Sergio Perez get second place. His amazing last to first place F1 victory put him on radar picked up by Red Bull has struggled some but has kept his place with Red Bull. Max has had several teammates come & gone. Another driver I like is Lando Norris McLaren was dismal in first race like to see them get better. Both car & drivers. His teammate O Plastri was backup for Alpine F2 & F3 world champ. McLaren started him first race in F1 unable to finish. He is young time will tell.

It has parallels with other sports, cycling with it's drug problems. Something about cycling in mountains pushing to limits for victory. Fast dangerous descents.

F1 racing on tracks around the world fast open wheel racing cars. Both have rich histories going back over 100 years.

With streaming documentaries we both are enjoying F1. I never know what she will like most of what I like boxing she has no interest in.

After watching all of the races and drama unfold last year, I was actually a bit disappointed in the drive to survive. I was most interested in the dynamic between Max and Checo after Max refused team orders in the Sao Paulo GP. There's no doubt that Max was leaps and bounds ahead of the other drivers, but a few of those race wins came, at least in part, due to Checo. I wanted to see Drive to Survive unpack that dynamic a bit. There was a lot of drama during silly season that got its own episode and rightfully so, but I wanted to get some insight into the redbull machine and the dynamic where one driver is obviously favored at all costs. Though, ultimately, Perez was able to secure second place in the WDC, it was a very tense moment that may have far reaching repercussions and emotions and if people only watched the Drive to Survive season they would have missed that back and forth entirely.

I recently learned about the F1 Multiviewer and full disclosure, the app is free but it does require a separate F1TV subscription, but I really enjoyed watching the race with all the data and overlays. I had previously watched the races with an ipad showing either the driver POV or telemetry and track data. But this was way more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Two time world champ old timer Spain Fernando Alonso took third for Aston Martin.
Both Aston Martins did well in first race. Hamilton was in the running in his Silver Arrow Mercedes.

Watching season one of Drive to Survive now. Didn't realize how many people are involved in F1. Don't know how it supports so many people + big bucks for Drivers. Advertising big event around the world guess the money comes from multiple sources. Like the vintage Grand Prix racing. This will be third season watching modern F1.

Yes Perez got his 5th win today. Max starting in back of field made it to second place & fastest lap so still in the lead after two races.

Alonso came in third again. Good show for him.

Perez came from last place to 5 got driver of the day & fastest lap. Rooting for him to do well in rest of this season.

Still waiting for my final model CMC Alfa Romeo P3 that ordered from China almost two years ago. Price has gone up a hundred dollars. They say have gone all out improving design with over 1,800 metal parts in it a record for CMC. I'll pay gladly 649.00 for it esp. since some of my out of production models I payed under 400.00 for are going for over 1,000.00 on eBay.

Have bought hand painted 1/18 figures again cheapest prices from China. Got one from Germany paid more for it.

Decided to strip my first CMC model bought years ago. Use tiny Phillips head screwdriver. They claimed used correct # of rivets in gas tank of original race car. Of coarse rivets are molded on this stainless steel tank on model. Ferrari 500 F2 won 1952 & 1953 world Championships. The Great Fangio won his first championship in Alfa Romeo in 1951 then had bad accident broken vertebrae severe concussion in 1952 didn't race at all in 1953 he took second to the Ferrari 500 & the Italian Alberto Ascari won his second world world title in the little Ferrari. Underside shows why this model has four wheel working suspension. Jim Clark with Indy 500 Lotus in 1965 was only driver in history to win Indy & world title same year.
IMG_20230406_103657352.jpg
IMG_20230406_103438087.jpg
IMG_20230406_103545856.jpg

Fangio with 3 of cars won 5 world championships in the iconic Maserati 250F, Mercedes MB 196 fastest car of 1950's, & 1956 Ferrari D50 all CMC models.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last race was a total shitshow when it comes to race control. Russel and others who went in early got completely screwed by the red flag because they only showed the red flag several minutes into the safety car period.
Then you had that really silly standing restart right before the end. Why didn't they make that a rolling start? They were invented for a reason. As soon as I heard it was a standing start I knew it was going to be trouble. And then as cherry on top, instead of using the restart-start-grid as finishing standings.... they decide to middlefinger Alpine and do another fake restart for one lap around the track without any actual racing. It just made 0 sense.

Guess not too much interest in this years F1.
I'll bore you with some more Honda racing history 😁. Honda had racing in his blood.
Figured wins on the track could help him get worldwide motorcycle sales.

Honda first sent it's race team to the Isle of Man TT in 1959. It was the first time Europeans had ever seen Japanese racing bikes. 125cc ultralight class. The four stroke twin didn't expect to compete. All four Japanese racers finished in 6, 7, 8, 11 places. Aussie GP rider Tom Phillis wrote to Honda seeking a ride in 1960 season. 1960 Phillis scored first podium on Honda RC 161 four cylinder 250cc to second place at Ulster.

Honda's rapid rate of improvement continued to 1961 when Phillis got victory at Spanish GP 125cc. Also Takahashi won first 250cc victory at Hockenheim. Dominated rest of season in both 125 & 250. Honda flew to Sweden with his wife Sachi to watch Mike Hailwood take Honda's first world championship in 250cc class.

By 1965 Honda had conquered 50, 125, 250, 350 world championships. Honda did make a 500cc DOHC four cylinder engine. The RC181. It was successful with Hailwood who tied in points to MV Agusta's Giacomo Agostini. However points scoring system gave championship to Ago. 1967 Honda dropped out of motorcycle racing to focus on F1 car racing.

Perhaps the greatest early racing bike was the Honda RC 166 DOHC 250cc six cylinder. The machine was unleashed at Monza. Only one bike Honda flew it to Europe across 3 passenger seats because ran out of time to send it air freight. It was a remarkable racing machine. 24 valve 18,000rpm screaming exhaust note. Top speed well over 150mph.

I wanted one modern F1 model. Looked for a while for Max or Perez Red Bull. Some models are total crap figured the Spark model the best. Finally found one for under 200.00. 2021 Max liked it because still had Honda logo on it. Took picture with 1965 Honda RA 272 it won the Mexico GP that year. It has V12 transverse mounted engine.

Other is 1962 Porsche 804 F1 racing car. 8 cylinder air cooled boxer engine. Only 4 were built. Both cars are Autoart better quality 1960's models with 4 wheel fully working metal suspension & springs. Lots of metal parts. These cars raced on many of same tracks as modern F1 cars do.
IMG_20230410_111706033.jpg
IMG_20230410_111900827.jpg
IMG_20230410_112252939.jpg
IMG_20230410_112224661.jpg

In 1950 Alfa Romeo had the best racing car. In the early 30's Alfa Romeo P3 dominated until Germany's Silver Arrow Mercedes & Auto Union's came on the scene. Still the Alfa was faster in the sweeping & tight turns. The more powerful German Marks in the straights.

After WW2 it took racing a while to get going in a devastated Europe. 1950 was first F1 season. It was the dawn of a new decade, Maserati was building a few cars, Alfa Romeo saw the Argentine Fangio drive races in Europe & signed him. In 1950 he would have won world championship but last race had mechanical problems in his Alfa 48 & his teammate won. This car is the Alfa 48 that Fangio won the French GP in 1950.

In 1951 Fangio won world championship in the Alfa 49 same car with improvements.
He dominated.
IMG_20230414_143850940.jpg
IMG_20230414_143915008.jpg
IMG_20230414_143945860.jpg
IMG_20230414_144014997.jpg
IMG_20230414_144053217.jpg

Latest posts

Back