Any Final Fantasy fans on here? Anyone else catch this?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Noticed this playing the 7 remake:
thank hamon line is beautiful, and how bout the Ku finish on tonberry’s chef knife
5E180060-FEFF-4073-8614-95A725BFA20B.jpeg
7111C81B-3895-4482-B68B-125E7010E0EE.jpeg

Is this just common Japanese knowledge or did they have a consultant?

observationally traditional KU knives are the way knives are portrayed in Japanese media. couldnt tell you over a huge sample, but the most recent example I saw was from Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba:

1613870005150.png

also I want to play FF7 remake but no playstation so 🤷 it'll have to wait. X is my personal favorite but VII is next.

btw late in the manga sword sharpening plays a critical role. a really fun manga/anime actually I was pleasantly surprised (typically I dont like action stuff outside of HnK)

I've never been a big fan... I'm more focused on the original, which was of course much better - it was called "You Know, That Fantasy Right Before The Final One".

Pretty much all the same knives, just newer and in better shape. :)

Is this just common Japanese knowledge or did they have a consultant?

There's a lot of good references to knives in Shokugeki no Souma, but some of it is over dramatized like the mezzaluna usage. The main character also uses a deba as his main knife for everything which to me was kind of odd.

There's a behind the scenes special where the director also talks about how he was in the food industry but quit it due to a skin disease or autoimmune.

latest
46b050dbff58dca996b2d79994b9fd12181eca2a_hq.jpg
62718ea1046eafb80b7ddf5d7c13d7a2ae9d999a.png

observationally traditional KU knives are the way knives are portrayed in Japanese media. couldnt tell you over a huge sample, but the most recent example I saw was from Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba:

View attachment 115095

also I want to play FF7 remake but no playstation so 🤷 it'll have to wait. X is my personal favorite but VII is next.

btw late in the manga sword sharpening plays a critical role. a really fun manga/anime actually I was pleasantly surprised (typically I dont like action stuff outside of HnK)
Ya that was my problem too until my brother in law gave me his old PS4. Ten was the last one I played. 7 came out when I was ten and really was the craziest video game experience I ever had, I had loved the first 3, but 7 was almost a religious experience lol.

the remake- not so much, but worth my time. They changed a bunch of stuff.

I really need to get vids of both these knives to post, the detail on the finish is amazing.

Back