Any one use or know about the Konosuke Kiritsuke Yanagi 300mm Fujiyama White #2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bechler

Reaction score
I am looking for more information about this knife. I am torn between the
Konosuke Kiritsuke Yanagi 300mm Fujiyama White #2 and the Suisin 330mm Shironiko Yanagiba. Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

If I am in your shoes, I would go with Konosuke.
But both Suisin and Masamoto will satisfy you as well.

If I am in your shoes, I would go with Konosuke.
But both Suisin and Masamoto will satisfy you as well.

Do you have the konosuke?

I don't really hear much talk here on the forums about their single bevels.

I just purchase a Konosuke 300mm kiritsuke/yanagiba Fujiyama in White #1. It just arrive in the mail yesterday and I have not had a chance to put it through its paces yet. I got a good buddy dropping off 30lbs of premium maguro this weekend so I am sure I will be putting it to use. I will post results and comments later.

If you have a budget, get this badass Hide kensaki yanagi (kiritsuke yanagi in another name) :

img_0036_1_20.jpg

HERE from Jon@JKI

I've got one and it is a badass knife.

Another really cool one for your consideration within the same price bracket:
395419423.jpg

Yoshikane kensaki yanagi 300mm v2 steel from aframes.

Do you have the konosuke?

I don't really hear much talk here on the forums about their single bevels.

Yes, I do have three Konosuke (1 fugu in white#2, 1 kiritsuke in blue#1, 1 custom kiritsuke style yanagi in blue#1)
I like them all. I also have a Masamoto ks yanagi. I don't have Suisin but had my hands on it at the Korin.
For brand names, you can't go wrong with Masamoto or Suisin but I feel Konosuke is better value, just my opinion.

I don't know how you started your J-knife journey, but soon enough you may end up with much more knives than you plan to now.
So, you may have all three down the road; No point of having hard time for what to choose. :)

Back