Any other sushi chefs on here?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen master sharpeners who can achieve more with one stone and awesome control of pressure variance than most people can get done with 3 stones (though those beasts will still go through a progression, they’re just more efficient).

I’ve seen master sharpeners who can achieve more with one stone and awesome control of pressure variance than most people can get done with 3 stones (though those beasts will still go through a progression, they’re just more efficient).

Yup, sort of like the pool hustler who can run the table with a broomstick.

Hello, I had been working at sushi restaurant for a few years, this is my current set up, rotation some and mostly been used at the workplace.
From bottom to top:
Konosuke 300mm
Fu Rin Ka Zan 300mm broke the tip and reshape by JKI
Jikko 300mm
Masamoto 300mm
Nenohi 300mm
Kohetsu 270mm
Konosuke 270mm
Nenohi 210mm
Konosuke 180mm
Suisin 165mm
Sakai Takayuki 180mm
Masahiro 150mm

48523912322_8727eaed8a_k.jpg

Hey! You’re back! Somebody else was asking about Kitaoka, so I was going to send them your way, but I didn’t see you around much anymore. If I can remember who it was I’ll try and connect you

Hey! You’re back! Somebody else was asking about Kitaoka, so I was going to send them your way, but I didn’t see you around much anymore. If I can remember who it was I’ll try and connect you

I ended up selling both my Kitaoka to one of my cooks/sushi apprentices. He loves them. Used funds for my Gesshin Uraku Aoko #2 Kiritsuke!

It's freaking fantastic! Once I opened it up it just falls through fish. It laughs at the daikon as I make ken. I keep it touched up on my Aoto and then Aizu. Only take it to the Chosera 800 once a week. I have 300mm Gesshin Ittetsu Shiroko #2 Honyaki yanagi on order too. Should be ready sometime around February.

The current set just bought two knives from Korin promotion September and using the kind of Sakimaru Takohiki style which I bought last year.
Sakai Kikumori 330mm ginsanko saber tip.
Nenox 285mm suji
Nenox 165mm wa deba
The only I chose stainless because of workplace near the ocean and very humid over here.
49114002831_20ab6d20fa_k.jpg
[/url]20191123_192259 by tienngo02[/IMG]

Where my people at?!

I’d love to see your work kit. I plan on taking a picture of my current set up this week. Here’s some pictures of my newest knife. Kitaoka blue #2 mioroshi deba. I freakin love this thing!
Lefty sushi chef!!! Nice to meet you.

Hello, I had been working at sushi restaurant for a few years, this is my current set up, rotation some and mostly been used at the workplace.
From bottom to top:
Konosuke 300mm
Fu Rin Ka Zan 300mm broke the tip and reshape by JKI
Jikko 300mm
Masamoto 300mm
Nenohi 300mm
Kohetsu 270mm
Konosuke 270mm
Nenohi 210mm
Konosuke 180mm
Suisin 165mm
Sakai Takayuki 180mm
Masahiro 150mm

View attachment 58837
Hi, May I get some advice from you?

I saw you have different kind of sashimi knife, which one do you think easiest to use? I heard Sakimaru tip is useless, Kiritsuke Yanagiba heavier than normal, also easily broken the tip.

I don't understand the sakimaru tip thing. Seems like just extra stuff to get in the way. My business partner uses a 300 kiritsuke yanagiba and hasn't had any issues with tip breakage. Probably depends on the maker and tip style too. K tips can vary. My true Kiritsuke has had no issues either. I can't express how much I love that thing.

Back