Any raffle questions-ask em here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup it's a hundred tickets.....00 to 99......you use the last two digits of the lottery.......ryan

Hey Guys,

Couple people in thread are posting how many tickets they've bought, so I'm posting a quick summary here. 29 sold so far!

Pesky 6
Jim 3
Apicius 1
Pensacola Tiger 4
jm2hill 1
MainaMan 1
Rottman 1
Sudsy9977 1
Ajhuff 1
EdipisReks 1
Mano 3
Tgraypots 1
CalleNak 2
Vladimir 1
mc2442 2

here is a sample template i use over on the JD i coppy and pasteit in the first thread and modifi it for the blade but least i have the whole list with there to jsut fill in as the spots are taken
hope it helps

well im up
we know the rules
i will have 100 spots for 7$ each
after we are filled the PA eve lotto pick 3 last 2 numbers will be the winner
if im missing anything let me know boss
guess i should list my paypal addy [email protected]
can you tell its been a while since i posted a raffle

a loveless styled fighter in cpm154
the mirror finished blade is 3/16 thick and 6.25 long with rounded spine and double hollow grind (back edge not sharpened )
the grind is started with a 10 inch wheel and then thinned out even more on a 6 inch wheel

the tang is hidden and the guard, pins and tapered frame are 304 SS
the scales are stabilized ceder burl

the deer lined leather sheath is from southpaw leatherworks
dsc03298sm.jpg

dsc03300sm.jpg

Here is the list:

00:
01:
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
32:
33:
34:
35:
36:
37:
38:
39:
40:
41:
42:
43:
44:
45:
46:
47:
48:
49:
50:
51:
52:
53:
54:
55:
56:
57:
58:
59:
60:
61:
62:
63:
64:
65:
66:
67:
68:
69:
70:
71:
72:
73:
74:
75:
76:
77:
78:
79:
80:
81:
82:
83:
84:
85:
86:
87:
88:
89:
90:
91:
92:
93:
94:
95:
96:
97:
98:
99:

From the raffle thread.....

Hey Guys,

Feel free to keep signing up for tickets, but DO NOT send funds via paypal. My account has been limited by the Paypal administration and they've referenced this thread.

Thanks,
Ben

It appears as if someone has ratted out our raffle to Paypal. This forum is now closed to non-members.

Could be. Or, like I said, paypal could have done a quick google search. bprescot @ gmail.com (my paypal account) + Raffle would do the trick nicely ;)

So it appears that PP was alerted to this because of Ben receiving a bunch of $5 payments with some titled "ticket", etc. His account has been shut down.

So it appears that PP was alerted to this because of Ben receiving a bunch of $5 payments with some titled "ticket", etc. His account has been shut down.

Doh! :doublebanghead: That sucks!

What other method would there be for doing something like this with the exception of a third party already having merchant status?

Well, there's always snail mail and the honor system... Not sure. If this doesn't work out, I'll obviously be refunding all tickets, though because paypal is suspended, I'll likely have to use the postal service.

Doh! :doublebanghead: That sucks!

What other method would there be for doing something like this with the exception of a third party already having merchant status?

Merchant status alone does not solve the problem. Raffles for profit are illegal in most states (the state run lottery being a giant exception), so thats why paypal cracks down on these.

are there any states that do allow Raffles for Profit? maybe a trusted member there can help the process, while not entirely efficient it may keep the raffle alive.

I (while not yet trusted...but hopefully will be one day! :)) would volunteer but after reading the canadian law books for sometime have found out that it can not be done from us up north.

Perhaps a trusted european or state-allowed member can be a middle man in the process?

From the raffle thread.....
It appears as if someone has ratted out our raffle to Paypal. This forum is now closed to non-members.

It's easy for paypal to use software that automatically filters all the subjects and messages for key words and and alerts their computers of likely raffles. It could be a human or computer verifying the source and suspending an account.

Most likely it's as simple as paypal using the recipients e-mail addresses to find and suspend the account.

It's easy for paypal to use software that automatically filters all the subjects and messages for key words and and alerts their computers of likely raffles. It could be a human or computer verifying the source and suspending an account.

Most likely it's as simple as paypal using the recipients e-mail addresses to find and suspend the account.

Yeah after considering the situation a bit more I believe that's probably the case.

We're talking about ways to work this out.

Back