Any raffle questions-ask em here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l r harner

Banned
Reaction score
oo and BTW what if a blade only needs 10 spots total (jsut saying )

oo and you can delelt this then

and i ll be willing to give a bit jsut like i do on the JD

Last edited by a moderator:
butch, wassup......usually there would be no other threads running in here except for a raffle thread but i'll leave it open for a few days maybe just if anyone wants to comment on what they think about it......i am actively lookin for a knife to kick this section off so if u got somethin good , send me a pm about it......ryan

I really like the idea also, could it also be a way to support the operating cost of the forum?

I really like the idea also, could it also be a way to support the operating cost of the forum?

well for the time being all sales are free.....dave is gonna eventually put up a donate button if u wish to contribute for selling.....i think he gotta figure out how to do it first....ryan

I think that this is going to be a fun thing. Imagine the possibilities, you could win the knife of your dreams that would be otherwise unobtainable or maybe you can sell a high priced knife that you would otherwise have trouble getting it's true value for on the open market. It's a win-win for all involved. :)

On supporting the forums, it's cool of you to ask but I'm not looking for this to do that at this time. I just want everyone to have fun with it, if you feel that you want to donate something then that'll be up to you but no requirements will be made.

Now let's get something listed! :happy1:

what about W2 steak knives in bokote wood i have 4 in the works

I'm surprised that no one wants to sell a knife with a guarantee price that they'll get.

I would like to put one of mine knives for a raffle down the road. 2-3 month time.

m

right on and for those that want to see how the jd does theres i should soon have my camp knife/chopper listed there

Are you guys talking about putting personal knives up for this? Sounds like it would be a good way to move a knife along..

Are you guys talking about putting personal knives up for this? Sounds like it would be a good way to move a knife along..

Yes sir that's exactly what we're talking about. Plus knifemakers can take part as well as our vendor/retailers too. You've just got to get it by Ryan first. :)

yep ryans job is to keep a even flow of blades and raffles going not having one is jsut as bad as having 3 all at once. he will have a list/line of ppl that woudl liek to get a raffle rolling and he will tell them when to post the thread

BTW posting one without his ok im gessing at the least will get the thread killd before it can even get moving ( and might get you more bad that then )

exactly what we are doing......we got our first raffle lined up......it'll start within the next day or so......then i'll probably close down this thread to make it more concise....ryan

been a reader for a while. This will be my second post!

Glad to be here!

Love the idea -- maybe thats what pushed me into signing up!

Still feel inferior to the rest of you and your knowledge :) but hey, I'm here to learn!

wondering if there is anything to consider ala:

shipping costs to certain country's. IE the far north Canada?

Also was just wondering how winner is picked?
or if there is a minimum number of entrants required?

I should have mentioned in my raffle post that Shipping (including internationally) is free to the winner. That's not a rule, and I imagine different raffles will treat it differently. As to the minimum number of entrants, I don't think there is one. The thought, though, is that as long as the proper type of knives are selected for raffle, we'll fill up the 100 entry slot.

wondering if there is anything to consider ala:

shipping costs to certain country's. IE the far north Canada?

Also was just wondering how winner is picked?
or if there is a minimum number of entrants required?

read the sticky at the top of the page...all your answers are there.....the winner is picked by the state lottey once it is filled.....say you are number 07......if the last two digits of the pick 3 lotto are 0 and 7.....bingo you are a winner.....i ask to have all the fees shipping/insurance included so it'll make it easy at the end......anybody has something good i am here to organize the raffles.....ryan

since this raffle thing is new here....i changed the title of butch's thread and am gonna leave this up for anyone with any questions till everyone has the hang of it.....please do not start a new thread.....just ask here and i'll answer.....ryan

.....the winner is picked by the state lottey once it is filled.....say you are number 07......if the last two digits of the pick 3 lotto are 0 and 7.....bingo you are a winner

Thanks for the reply. I don't know too much about state lotto's but assuming we use the pick 3 for each raffle I thought there would have be one possible source of error. Now before I continue I have realized I was wrong. The lotto starts at 000 rather than the 001 I had somehow thought of in my head. So I do apologize, I had read the sticky but was worried there may be a mistake.

If anyone is still interested as to how there may be a mistake if the 100 listen people were numbered 001 - 100 then read on. Otherwise please do ignore me!

Lets say that we reach the 100 people allowed.
For the first 99 people in the raffle. They are only required to have 2 digits correct of the pick 3. Which means that they actually get 10 possible chances of winning from the lotto.
Where as the last person (i.e person 100) has only 1 chance of being correct. This person must have 3 digits correct, decreasing his chances significantly.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know too much about state lotto's but assuming we use the pick 3 for each raffle I thought there would have be one possible source of error. Now before I continue I have realized I was wrong. The lotto starts at 000 rather than the 001 I had somehow thought of in my head. So I do apologize, I had read the sticky but was worried there may be a mistake.

If anyone is still interested as to how there may be a mistake if the 100 listen people were numbered 001 - 100 then read on. Otherwise please do ignore me!

Lets say that we reach the 100 people allowed.
For the first 99 people in the raffle. They are only required to have 2 digits correct of the pick 3. Which means that they actually get 10 possible chances of winning from the lotto.
Where as the last person (i.e person 100) has only 1 chance of being correct. This person must have 3 digits correct, decreasing his chances significantly.

Nope. It's the last two digits that are important. The person with '07' can win if '007', '107', '207' '307', '407', '507', '607', '707', '807' or '907' is drawn in the lottery. The person with '100' is really '00' and can win if '000', '100', '200' '300', '400', '500', '600', '700', '800' or '900' is drawn. Each have the same odds of winning.

Rick

This is true if more than 100 people sign up. If 189 people sign up, the people numbered [100,189] will have a disadvantage, since numbers [0,99]U[190,999] will not count for them. The people who sign up [01,89] have a 9/1000 chance of winning, the set [90,99] have a 1/100 chance of winning, and the set [100,189] have a 1/1000 chance of winning.

As far as I can tell, every raffle is set at 100 people.

Nope. It's the last two digits that are important. The person with '07' can win if '007', '107', '207' '307', '407', '507', '607', '707', '807' or '907' is drawn in the lottery. The person with '100' is really '00' and can win if '000', '100', '200' '300', '400', '500', '600', '700', '800' or '900' is drawn. Each have the same odds of winning.

Rick

while not to start mathematical discussions on a knife forum. (I belong to other forums for that -- wow I'm a nerd). I totally agree that there is no error in the system and it will be fair for everyone. I want to just point out that your numbering system is a bit off according to the sticky. First ticket is 00 and 100th ticket would be 99. But hey I could be off about that too. I'm having an off night.

This is true if more than 100 people sign up. If 189 people sign up, the people numbered [100,189] will have a disadvantage, since numbers [0,99]U[190,999] will not count for them. The people who sign up [01,89] have a 9/1000 chance of winning, the set [90,99] have a 1/100 chance of winning, and the set [100,189] have a 1/1000 chance of winning.

As far as I can tell, every raffle is set at 100 people.

and spot on so long as raffles are kept at 100 there will be no error in the odds.
p.s the use of sets and unions was fantastic.

Back