Anyone else get the Hattori KD email?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Nidle

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Woke up yesterday morning to an email from Koki at JCK saying they had some KD's in stock for those who've been on the waiting list for them (like me since 2009). Of course the price was a little (!) higher than they were back in the day, but I went to the website anyway...every single one of them out of stock.

Oh well. Next time. Maybe.

I missed that but I did pick up a limited edition Cowry X San Mai petty that I decided I don't really need...

B8274C2B-35CE-4E12-958B-8E0779082356.jpeg
66E62430-A32C-4107-8CB0-CC8A0CFA8996.jpeg
220EF101-C9B3-491D-A93D-5EA7E8012244.jpeg
EA8BAFDC-6954-4AAA-90B9-C92A0D3410F0.jpeg

Got lucky... was yours with the red stamp or with the black label?

Looking good Luke! My only complaint about the KD's has always been the handle. $2k knife with a micarta handle?

The micarta handles are surprisingly comfortable...the dimensions are just perfect

Looking good Luke! My only complaint about the KD's has always been the handle. $2k knife with a micarta handle?

Micarta? That's something actually reasonably modern. Hell, I've seen exorbitant prices for knives with utterly bassackward handles of unstabilized wood (e.g. magnolia, ebony, etc.).

unstabilzed wood is better imo. the glue sticks better with the tang.

and it also takes any finish you want.

Micarta? That's something actually reasonably modern. Hell, I've seen exorbitant prices for knives with utterly bassackward handles of unstabilized wood (e.g. magnolia, ebony, etc.).

Certain woods don't really benefit from stabilising, the really dense tropical hardwoods in particular like ebony and snakewood. In some cases it's a must though.

Latest posts

Back