Anyone ever tried a knife from blacksmith Kikuchiyo?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyrilix

Reaction score
I see a lot of his knives on Hitohira, but there is a startling lack of documented experience in these forums here. Does anyone have any experience or additional information on his knives? How's the heat treat?

I refuse to buy anything from Kikuchiyo until he honors his obligation to marry his second daughter to my fourth brother.

I refuse to buy anything from Kikuchiyo until he honors his obligation to marry his second daughter to my fourth brother.

Now, the fifth daughter on the twelfth night
Told the first father that things weren't right
"My complexion, " she says, "is much too white"
He said, "Come here and step into the light"
He said, "Hmm, you're right, let me tell the second mother this has been done"
But the second mother was with the seventh son
And they were both out on Highway 61

I see a lot of his knives on Hitohira, but there is a startling lack of documented experience in these forums here. Does anyone have any experience or additional information on his knives? How's the heat treat?
The names of the blacksmiths on hitohira or tosho are all aliases. They’re based on Seven Samurai FYI ;)

Sorry, I'm not understanding the jokes in this thread. Could someone please give me a layman's summary?

After googling 7 samurai, I now understand. That is hilarious.

I guess let me rephrase the question. Would anyone here ever consider putting down the money to pick up a Kikuchiyo gyuto? Supposedly this individual is also someone that produces mizu honyaki blades, so I would guess this person is not a novice.

Thanks. I've always wanted the Tanakas because I've heard a lot of good things about his heat treatment. I'm mainly more curious about all of the other smiths and also because it seems like there is no information at all.

Back