Anyone giving any knives or knife related gifts for Christmas?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
I'm getting my dad a Yoshihiro 240mm stainless gyuto (finish sharpened by Dave) along with a couple Sani-Tuff boards; one small and thin one for daily use and a big heavier one for when he's breaking down larger cuts for sausage making.

Will you be getting anything cool for your family or friends?

I am re-handling a knife for a brother in law, but nothing else knife related.

I'm giving away a couple of paper knives and a few things I'm grinding up. I'm actually also giving away a Yoshihiro finish sharpened by me. ;)

I intend to give my wife a gyuto from one of the forum's craftsmen if he gets it done in time.

In-laws are getting a FH gyuto, my folks are getting a Boardsmith boards, and another family is also getting a Boardsmith board.

Trying to find a decent cutting board or two on the smallish side. Would luke to give my dad a boardsmith but they only use smaller, currently very thin plastic, "boards". Looking for some / one thinner, any suggestions?

I'm sending my cousin a big stag handled W2 hunter as a belated wedding/Christmas present. I expect venison and waterfowl in return at some point.:biggrin:

I gave TK59 a pair of socks
What? I think this needs clarification. Somehow I let this dude talk me into letting him BORROW a pair of socks, an expensive pair, at that. He returned them today. I think I'm going to burn them, lol. My toes do a turtle thing everytime they come anywhere near those socks.

How expensive can socks be :dazed:

What? I think this needs clarification. Somehow I let this dude talk me into letting him BORROW a pair of socks, an expensive pair, at that. He returned them today. I think I'm going to burn them, lol. My toes do a turtle thing everytime they come anywhere near those socks.

That's just WRONG...............I will be gifting some blades I made.

Im nervous about giving friends a sharp knife !!

So i settled on a Debuyer mineral pan and some Mondial steak knives

My brother and sister are both getting 210 tojiro gyutos, a Suisin virgin petty, my mother is getting a nakiri, my ex-chef and sous got a CCK pigsticker. ... and I bought myself a Konosuke fujiyama

Definitely, a knife for my sister, and a good friend wants one for his wife as well. I'm plodding along, in hopes they will be ready in time!

I got each of my seven guys in the kitchen a knife...kept it to $100 each budget, so nothing too fancy.

Definitely not, no one in my family or friends really seems to appreciate a good, sharp knife. They also do not want any help or pointers to make their cutting technique work better for them...always get the response "I don't care".

Eff them, looks like they getting coal in their stockings.

Oh no! Was it Carter or Cartier? Now I am not sure.

I have always had trouble understanding what women want!

Keith

Oh no! Was it Carter or Cartier? Now I am not sure.

I have always had trouble understanding what women want!

Keith

That's because the translation from what's on their mind to what they say don't match up.

The only knife I will be gifting. A new camp knife for my huntin buddy.

IMG_0786.jpg

Got my steward a 210 shirogami tojiro. Mom and sis are getting 210 western konosuke hd's. And I'm trying to find my wife something really nice in 210 as well. I figure all these ladies would prefer or be more comfortable with a 210. Included also are sayas for all and initial bevel setting and sharpening.

I got a Rader custom for someone special....no, not you TK...myself!

As of Thanksgiving one of my 240 gyuto is on permanent loan with one of my nieces; another 240 gyuto will be going to a different niece before Christmas. They are the cooks for their families and need to use a "big" knife sometimes. :biggrin:

Back