Quantcast

Anyone Going to Chicago Housewares Show?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just registered and booking things. I am also hitting refresh on Next Restaurant too many times per day to count. It's not like I can afford the el bulli theme anyhow (but I will buy a ticket regardless if they come up).

k.

welshstar

Reaction score
Ill be going, never been and no idea how many knife related things will be there but its close and its free !!

Reaction score
I just registered and booking things. I am also hitting refresh on Next Restaurant too many times per day to count. It's not like I can afford the el bulli theme anyhow (but I will buy a ticket regardless if they come up).

k.
my brother is going i think

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at the show today. Not much in terms of knives. Kikuichi, Shun, Zwilling, Henckels, Global, Masahiro and a boat load of those 'fashionable' colored ceramic knives among other less stellar makers. I did check to see if Lamson Goodnow had the R!chmond knives, but they didn't. Boos, Catskill, Epicurean, are there for boards and there are a lot of other iffy makers peddling bamboo, teak, larch wood etc.

In the end, I just feel bad talking to people about knives. I don't think they can truly comprehend the 'sickness' we have -- though the Japanese lady got a huge smile when I said that I liked my Kikuichi TKC. Btw, I didn't mention the rust issue because of the bolster Dave ;)

As for getting into Next Restaurant, it probably won't happen, but I did get into the Aviary bar, so maybe that will turn into a late night meal -- but I am not holding my breath.

k.