• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Aoto and Wakasa.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripleq

Reaction score
For sale – Aoto and Wakasa.

Shipping: Included in price trackable to Canada and the ConUs from Canada the next business day after completed payment. Willing to ship Internationally for actual shipping cost with credit for included shipping cost. If you are outside NA, please PM with your full address for a quote.

Payment: PayPal preferred. Canadians may pay Interac if desired.

Reason for sale: Moving. Too many stones, too little time. No trades.

225mm (L) x 64mm (W) x 37mm (H) (approximate/irregular). 1460 grams.

Sealed with cashew lacquer. Surface lines are colour variation. No cracks, inclusions, etc. Medium-fine. Slightly toward the harder side for aoto but a good mix of polisher and finisher. Leaves a nice, toothy bite after a 1-2k. With a little pressure (or plate if you prefer) you can build some nice mud that gives excellent contrast and works well into uneven bevels. This mine has long closed. High-quality, versatile stone.

300USD.

208mm (L) x 82mm (W) x 34mm (H) (approximate/irregular). 1485 grams.

Sealed since purchase. There are 2 hairline cracks on the surface. They have been completely stable for years, and I cannot feel them while uraoshi sharpening or razor honing. This is quite a hard stone. Lv 4-4.5. As a wide bevel polisher, it is not a very muddy stone. The slurry is very black and builds quickly – a fairly fast cutter with excellent, smooth feedback. The finish has nice contrast, more toward mirror. For my use the value of this stone lies in using it as a finisher. It is every bit as good as any Nakayama I have tried. Scary sharp edges and great for uraoshi and razor polishing. As a razor finisher it produces a very sharp edge that feels very smooth.

320USD.

Last edited:
I'd love to sell these before I get into my move. Will entertain reasonable offers.

Back