• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Ashi honyaki 240 for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is time to let this one go, sadly. If not my top knife probably top 2 ever

Measurements : 240 x 50mm
Perfectly balanced at choil
Perfect FF
Original handle with nickel silver bolster
Never thinned, frankly other than sharpening nothing else should ever be done to the knife
I use the knife in a home kitchen
Other than the patina the knife is very well taken care of and has only been sharpened by Jon at JKI. I do use all my knives and I hope the next owner does so as well, this knife was made to perform above all.

I won't have time to bring back to new and repolish, nor I would trust myself with it, to be honest, but I can hand deliver knife to JKI and have them do a pro job and bring back to new.

$3,500, including shipping to ConUS and insurance.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more detail.

will consider a partial trade for the right Halcyon Forge or something along those lines (no Kato no Shigs)

Last edited:
IMG_6947.jpg
IMG_6948.jpg
IMG_6949.jpg
IMG_6950.jpg
IMG_6951.jpg

Yeah, I agree with Elliot... it's awesome to see the patina on this one.

If I could part with any of my HF this would tip me over.

If a Kato western sells for somewhere around $4,000, this one should sell easily.

Even if I would trade my HF, I still couldn't afford this one. :D

GLWS!!
If there are a couple of people who are willing and financially can pay 4000 for that knife doesn't mean that we have set a new market value for a Western kato.

I've always wanted to try one of these. Great looking example here too.
Halcyon is certainly a worthy knife to want.

Latest posts

Back