Quantcast

Atagoyama J-Nat (Japanese natural stone) from Maksim

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

heirkb

Reaction score
I might regret this...but I think that about everything I sell (I don't buy crap after all).

The stone in this thread is the stone Maksim posted about here: http://japanesenaturalstones.blogspot.com/2011/04/atagoyama-for-knifes.html

I've really enjoyed this stone, but just don't really need it since I don't make many kasumi finishes and generally stop at a coarser edge anyways. The edge off this stone when I used it to finish was really nice. I'm not good at describing since I haven't tried a ton of fine stones extensively, but I'll say it cut everything easily and didn't feel at all slippery on tomatoes. I suck at sharpening, but I did manage to pass the tomato push cut test once with this stone (no stropping). It's a big stone and I've used it only 20 or so times, so it has a lot of life left in it (probably more than any of us do). The sides came sealed if I remember correctly, but I added a few more layers of cashew lacquer to the sides and the bottom.

I think I paid around $350 for this stone with shipping and all. I'm asking for $285 including shipping CONUS. We can discuss shipping options (tracking, insurance, etc.) in a PM. Please know that if you choose to not get insurance on your package, I can't be responsible if anything happens to it.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to purchase the stone. That'd be a lot quicker than posting in this thread.

Peco

Banned
Reaction score
lol, you sell more stuff than I do - and I'm bad :D

heirkb

Reaction score
You should see how little I keep. 2 Heijis, a Suisin parer, Gesshin 400, 2000, 5000. That's basically it (not counting little things <$50).

Chef Niloc

Banned
Reaction score
You should see how little I keep. 2 Heijis, a Suisin parer, Gesshin 400, 2000, 5000. That's basically it (not counting little things <$50).
Some times I wish/think I should join that club

heirkb

Reaction score
Lol, I'm mostly part of that club because I have to sell things to buy things and have very limited space. Otherwise...I'd have a tool chest full of knives and stones, lol. Nah, I think I'd still feel bad if anything was sitting around too long.

Pensacola Tiger

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are times I wish I was able to do something like that.

heirkb

Reaction score
Whenever you guys feel that way, just shoot me a PM and we can arrange a trade :)