• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS (AU) BNIB Kiyoshi Kato Kurouchi Blue #2 Gyuto 240mm Ho Wood Handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewsa

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to sell my Kato Ku within Australia Internationally but prefer Australian. I know what I am asking is much higher than the current market value which is why I am trying to sell it within Australia only to try and recoup what I've spent as I'm currently looking to purchase an engagement ring soon and have to give up few of my hobbies to make up the funds for it :)

Pricing is based up at the time I purchased the knife for $2270aud when the Australian dollar was weak and also I had to pay $405 on top for custom/duty fee which also included DHL's $90 admin fee.

Priced at $2600aud $2500aud $2400 ($1850usd) includes paypal fees and shipping (insurance & Tracking including). Happy to discuss for a Sydney pick up/drop off/meet up. :) Currently locked down. Post only :)

The knife was purchased from Zahocho. I am able to provide receipts and DHL's receipt upon request.

Measurements:
  • Edge Length (Heel to tip): 235mm
  • Height from Heel: 49mm
  • Spine thickness at Heel: 5mm
  • Spine thickness at ferrule: 6.5mm
  • Weight: 239g (I'm unsure if this is accurate, my scale is small and the entire knife wasn't on it)
Knife has only cut paper and only been taken out of the box for some photos. I intended to use it at the time of purchase but when I was hit with the customs/duty fee I ended up feeling reluctant as I didn't expect such a fee and kept it in its box ever since. Sadly now is the time I have to pass on this knife to make other commitments. It is a regretful sale and I wish I could try and know more what the fuss is all about for Kato's knives but holding it in hand. It felt very much different to my other knives.

_DSC5561.jpg

chrome_2021-04-09_12-12-18.png

Thanks for looking, Kind regards, Andrew

edit: I am open to international buyers but as you may know pricing doesn't reflect well to the current international market value which is why I am looking for an Australian sale where custom/duty taxes fee are included and inevitable in my country.

Last edited:
Thats a Morihei edition Kato 240Ku. Love the profile on these. Does it come with the retailers box and signed wood plaque?

I am unsure what the retailers box is but there is a signed wooden plaque but it looks more of a stamp? I have provided a photo. Please see below.

View attachment 133745
Same as mine. The plaques are definitely hand signed by Kiyoshi Kato. I have the same kanji but with the variation you'd expect from an original brushed signature vs stamped.

Same as mine. The plaques are definitely hand signed by Kiyoshi Kato. I have the same kanji but with the variation you'd expect from an original brushed signature vs stamped.
Intersecting. I got mine at Morihei in Tokyo, didn’t have the signed wood but just same box. Is this a new cool thing?

I'm currently looking to purchase an engagement ring soon and have to give up few of my hobbies to make up the funds for it :)

Congratulations 😊

Beautiful knife! Good luck... I hope a forum member helps you make your partner happy!

Bbbbuuuummmmpppp :)

Open to discussions on offers :) will be bumping again once if it hasn't gone through in the coming weeks with an announcement that I've pass a milestone where I'll be needing funds desperately :)

Back