AUS Passaround - OXYS Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

OxysKnives

Dennis | OXYS Knives
KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
G'day everybody,

I reserved several knives for the Sydney Knife Show but unfortunately it was cancelled. However a passaround should be a good alternative to get our knives into your hands.
Very much looking forward to your feedback about our PM steel and the geometry of this particular bunka(ish) one.

Only AUS for now. Will organise another passaround for EU and USA soon.

Participants:

@cotedupy
@Geigs
@Marek07
@JimMaple98

Rules:
1. Please keep the knife for no longer than 2 weeks
2. Insure the package with standard AU Post option up to 1000 AUD. Total shipping cost should be around 30-40 AUD.
3. Do not use honing rods on this knife. Yes to natural/synthetic stones, diamond or compound abrasives. Strops are fine too although I doubt they will do anything to this steel. We sharpen all our knives on a fixed angle systems so the cutting edge is very thin and narrow. 17-18 degrees per side.
4. If possible, apply some camellia oil on the blade before shipping to the next participant

I'm in Preston (3072) VIC. Given the current situation in Victoria I doubt that anyone is within 5km radius from me. If you are in the area though then feel free to drop by and pick it up. Otherwise it's by mail only.

The knife:
Steel: CPM S90v
Handle: Ironwood
Bolster: Carbon fibre + G10 liner
Steel hardness: 63HRC
Knife weight: 187 g
Blade length: 205 mm
Blade height: 48 mm
Blade thickness: 2.5 mm
Edge grind type: V (flat)

I chose monosteel for this passaround to best showcase our philosophy in general: PM steels, focus on cut aggression and edge retention.

Let me know if you want to be included.

Attachments

Last edited:

Geigs

Reaction score
Looks like a fun knife, love to have a play. I'm in Adelaide also.

OxysKnives

Dennis | OXYS Knives
KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Well I'm definitely down for this! @Marek07 @JimMaple98 might be interested too...

I'm in the Adelaide Hills if you're co-ordinating an order so it's not shipped back and forth across the country too much.
Looks like a fun knife, love to have a play. I'm in Adelaide also.
All are welcome! If @Marek07 and @JimMaple98 are interested just reply here and I'll add you to the list. Will wait couple of days to let the participants group form and organise the shipping sequence accordingly.

Marek07

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in please! Preston is just outside my 5km zone ATM. Suspect it'll be OK in a couple of weeks so please put me on the list as last and I'll deliver it back personally.