Aussie floods everyone ok?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo87

Banned
Reaction score
Hope everyone on the east coast is okay?

Brisbane just got completely screwed over (again!) Barely made it home from work in time. The roads were like a scene from a disaster movie.
300mm of rain in 3 hours :S

219ur61.jpg

Sometimes I feel Australia's only weather options are on fire, flooded or in drought! Nothing in between lol.

We were totally drenched for a few consecutive days in a row last week in Sydney.

i had 10cm of water on top of my house last week, it was like the house had some sort of internal hemorrhage, water coming out from the roof, the wall, the floor, everywhere...LOL

Hope everyone on the east coast is okay?

Brisbane just got completely screwed over (again!) Barely made it home from work in time. The roads were like a scene from a disaster movie.
300mm of rain in 3 hours :S

219ur61.jpg

Sometimes I feel Australia's only weather options are on fire, flooded or in drought! Nothing in between lol.

Fire, Flood or Drought. Welcome to Australia.

Thankfully Canberra has been extremely tame of late. Though I should check with my brother to see if everything is fine for him up there. Parents are spending time down here with me, and thankfully their house is ncie and high so no dramas there.

And damn, where was that pic taken?

Is Australia considered a continent or the largest island? Are there areas that have a rainy season that brings in storms?

Australia is the smallest continent of the world. According to some geographers, being surrounded by water, it is an island. But you will find it large enough to be considered as a separate continent.

Not sure where that pic was taken just pulled it off a news site.
My drive home usually takes 15 mins it took 1 1/2 hours. Seriously I barely made it. There were cars being swept away, abandoned vehicles, police,fire, ambulance everywhere. 4 deaths so far as far as I'm aware. Pretty extreme stuff. I was trying to leave work all day telling them about the weather but they didn't think it was going to be that bad. Man they were wrong! They actually thought our bookings would still come for dinner lol! Lightening actually hit just outside the kitchen too was deafening, shook the floor and everything.

Keith: anywhere tropical I.e most of the north particularly north east has wet / storm seasons in summer. It floods, cyclones, storms for about 2 straight months. I lived in north qld for quite a while the floods were a part of life there. There is an old photo on the local pub with everyone drinking in water past there knees :)

Sounds just like Southern Oregon. We lean a bit more toward drought and on fire but a little while back had some flooding.

I'm currently in NSW, inland from Grafton, heading home tomorrow. Apparently there isn't any damage to the house which is good. Where I am is on a bit of a slope and elevated so flooding is rare. Left Brisbane in the middle of it all on Friday and apparently I'll be running into it on my way home lol. Should be fun.

This flooding has been pretty bad from what I've seen on the news and facebook, but I've yet to see anything that has matched that storm that hit late last year. Hail the size of tennis balls and bigger.

Back